Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

What Type of Fuel do u run in your Monte?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 02:13 AM
Default RE: What Type of Fuel do u run in your Monte?

ORIGINAL: SoCalSS

Now we just need to school all these NUBS huh?
eh, I just put it out there, it's on them if they wanna soak game or just continue with thier ways. Doesn't bother me, just don't argue the facts with me, ya know?

Old 06-13-2005, 11:43 AM

Throw HT in a stock car with little PCM modification and you may or may not be correct.

However, if your able to optimize your fuel flow, airflow and spark to handle the added octane you will see added performance benifits.

Next class please???????

TVW

Old 06-13-2005, 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

Throw HT in a stock car with little PCM modification and you may or may not be correct.

However, if your able to optimize your fuel flow, airflow and spark to handle the added octane you will see added performance benifits.

Next class please???????

TVW
it's not about handling the octane, it's about "needing" the octane. And what dictates that is compression of your motor. I could put 91 octane in my car today and not have any problems at all, but it's a waste of money as my engine does not need it

Old 06-13-2005, 12:30 PM

Hypertech has the dyno test to prove otherwise........

Adjust your air/spark/fuel ratios the additional octane can & will be used to create more HP......

Don't take my word for it.... Hypertech would be able to school you a little more on the subject I am sure....

TVW

Old 06-13-2005, 12:33 PM

Hypertech has the dyno test to prove otherwise........

Adjust your air/spark/fuel ratios the additional octane can & will be used to create more HP......

Don't take my word for it.... Hypertech would be able to school you a little more on the subject I am sure....

TVW

I'm just gonna have to take your word on it, I don't like hypertech right now so they can't tell me shyt![:@]

Old 06-13-2005, 12:57 PM

Why don't you like HT??????

Old 06-13-2005, 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

it's not about handling the octane, it's about "needing" the octane. And what dictates that is compression of your motor. I could put 91 octane in my car today and not have any problems at all, but it's a waste of money as my engine does not need it
Thank you MonteLS. I do believe you though tvan, i can understand how fuel to air ratio might contribute a little bit, however i dont see how spark could change anything at all when it comes to octane. However, compression is the main factor, and thats all i was going for in my original post. As far as schooling goes, if you need any, feel free to ask.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

so if u had say an msd ignition thing that makes multiple sparkswould that make better use of the octane...and on a completely different note ive heard there are only 2 octanes that are refined but that the gas station they mix high and low to get mid

Old 06-13-2005, 11:02 PM

cause they don't make a programmer for my car!!!

[sm=boosign.gif]

SoCalSS- LOL @ "if you need any schooling, just ask"

BGD- Not really, cause the compression of the motor is still the same, and that's what it basically boils down to. If you have a motor that's spec'd to run on 87 octane, running 91 octane isn't gonna do anything for you but lighten your wallet faster.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:09 AM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

cause they don't make a programmer for my car!!!

[sm=boosign.gif]

SoCalSS- LOL @ "if you need any schooling, just ask"

BGD- Not really, cause the compression of the motor is still the same, and that's what it basically boils down to. If you have a motor that's spec'd to run on 87 octane, running 91 octane isn't gonna do anything for you but lighten your wallet faster.
Exactly mang, you and i have agreed since the get go.

Quick Reply: What Type of Fuel do u run in your Monte?