Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Update: Aaaahhhh, not happy.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 12:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks everyone for your support. In the past 2 years, you've all gotten to know me and my feelings towards mechanics not named JC Colon! There have to earn my trust! Bill, the owner of World Transmissions II, Pasaic Park NJ, is an outstanding business man with 20+ years in the business, his reviews on line are great, he's been recommended by both the used car dealer I bought the Nissan from and the auto emissions and electrical shop I had work on Ol Yella's wiring when I first got her. He's only about 6 miles from my house and he even will come and get me if I have no way to get to his shop. I have a lot of confidence in his work. Definitely better service than I would get from Aamco or the like. Tomorrow morning he will have my car again, and I know he will make sure it's right before I pick it up on Friday. I'm not even going to cross my fingers on it.
I invite any and all MCF members to look him up online, read the reviews an give me your feedback!

Old 09-25-2014, 03:07 AM

You're very lucky. There aren't many shops out there that stand behind work like that. The fact that he wanted to see it after a couple of weeks to make sure everything was smooth really speaks to his work ethic and how he treats his customers.

On a side note, what kind of Nissan do you have? I built Altimas (and had a hand in some Pathfinders/Xterras/Frontiers/Infiniti) up until late last year when I left TN.

Old 09-25-2014, 05:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's weird that we'd be calling this lucky, but I would too. In my experience, transmission shops in particular are a bunch of untrustworthy hacks who never do the job right or stand by their work. I always wince when someone tells me they are getting their transmission rebuilt because I know of so many bad experiences. But obviously, this could be different elsewhere. And your guy sounds pretty good. I'm glad your off the hook and will soon be re-united with your baby!

Old 09-25-2014, 09:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have an 05 Altima, 3.5, 250hp. It's a pity the Mrs. Car has more power than mine. But that's ok. Since I am about to get my car back and be able for the first time since I've owned her, how these 200 horses feel when you let go of their reins and let the Run.