Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Update: Aaaahhhh, not happy.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Update: Aaaahhhh, not happy.

I got Ol Yella back yesterday, the rebuilt trans works Great. It's nice to have 3rd gear again. And my gas milage is a little better.
So i drove her to work last night, and everything was fine. On the way home I plugged in my Bluetooth Scanner so I could see my speed, didn't want to get a ticket for speeding on my way home. As I'm sitting there letting her warm up a little, I get a Pending P0741 code for the TCC. Whaaaaat? The trans was completely rebuilt, but then I realized it was an old code. So i cleared the codes and got on the highway. About 5 miles down the road the TCC comes up again as a new Pending code. What the he'll is that about? I was looking forward to taking Ol Yella for her new inspection sticker today, guess that's not happening! So now I have 1st: replaced all the Trans sensors- still got the TCC code. Now the Trans has been rebuilt - and I'm getting the TCC code. I've gotta take it back to The Trans shop on Monday. But if the Torque Converter was replaced alone with the TCC and everything else in the car, the the problem now has to be the ECM. I'm guessing of course!
I'm about ready to cry, She is running so much better than before, this should have been the last code. I went from having an Automotive Woody, to Automotive Impotency in 5 hours!
I'm starting to think Ol Yella doesn't feel for me the same way I feel for her. So she's back to the trans shop on Monday, as the tears will be streaming down my face. How long will she be in the shop this time? How long will I be without my Baby
Is there a St. Johns Medical University Medical Center for cars?

Old 09-20-2014, 11:48 AM

Hi J.C.,

Sorry to read about your new problem
I sure hope your transmission shop can correct this problem 4-Sure.

I hope your wife is understanding & that you can get it fixed up correct & enjoy your Monte

Hi Ho > Hi Ho & it's back to work we `go on J.C's. Monte

Good Luck 4-Real

Last edited by Space; 09-20-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Tough break man could be a wiring issue as well.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Default Update! Update! Update!

Took it back to World Transmissions II. He put her on the TECH II reader and saw the code. So he took it out for and got a live read to find that the Torque Converter is Faulty. It's not Locking up. He said I am now part of "The Few". The place that he gets the remanned Converters from has a 2% Failure rate. I am that 2%. So he ordered another one and I am taking it to him Thursday morning. He is going to try to have it done and tested in one day. So i am going to pick her up Friday. All else in the trans was working good though. She shifts up and down thru all gears and I can cruise at 2300 RPMs at 72 MPH. Since he was able to read the TCC and the Torque Converter I Know Its NOT Wiring. It is a relief.
Honestly, I would still recommend him for transmission troubles.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

U not paying for the part or labor right?

Old 09-24-2014, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member

No George, I now have a 3 yr/50k warranty on the Trans. Plus it was bad when it was put in, and the code came up within 12 hrs of the rebuild. I only drove it about 20 miles to work, then back home. Took it right back to him Monday morning. There is Nothing I could do in that short a time to cause it to go bad! Plus, I would go to the Better Business Borough if I got charged for a faulty part they they put in. As I said before, this guy is really on the up and up. He doesn't want to see his customers more than once with the same car! I also gives you a certificate one warranty and he wants to check it out 2 weeks after the work is complete to ensure everything is working g correctly! Not many shops do that.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:49 AM
10 Year Member

Sounds like a legit guy. Wish I hada shop like that

Old 09-24-2014, 09:50 AM
10 Year Member

Assuming he is local for you?

Old 09-24-2014, 04:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sucks you're having problems but at least it'll be taken care of free of cost.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

JC, this is a sad story, but I'm happy to read the guy your working with is standing by his services and will ensure things are made right for you!

Quick Reply: Update: Aaaahhhh, not happy.