Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Tuner / Programmer For 06 SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Exclamation Tuner / Programmer For 06 SS

Recently installed ram air hood and intake on my 06 SS. After maybe 100 miles, I'm now having all sorts of error messages. My car is telling me to service traction control, and that my washer fluid is low.
If you grandma foot it, the traction contyrol warning light might not come on for one trip until you step on it a little, then for the next trip, it doesn't make it out of the parking lot without shuttering and the doors locking / unlocking.
As far as the washer fluid goes, it wasn't quite empty, but I added water to it anyway - with no effect on the warning light.
So, now to my actual question... Anybody had these, or similar problems after installing new intake, and will a tuner / programmer fix this? I've been looking at Diablosport's and Superchips' cortex.
My car is not drivable in current condition.
Anyway advice / input appreciated.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:19 AM

i would take it in to the dealer. i have the diablo and im pretty sure it wont fix either of those problems. if you are going to purchase a programmer the superchips might be the way to go. i believe you can make transmission adjustments with it where you cant with the diablo. either way i would take that thing to the dealer.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You installed a ram hood and an intake... did you change your driving styles also? If you are keeping your trac on and revving high and doing burn-outs or just accelerating quickly because you like the sound and showing off you may just be damaging parts of your suspension.

I wouldn't blame the mods, but the style of driving if that's the case. Your abs lights and traction system will throw codes, get it checked out. Though it could just be something electrical that is going wrong.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:23 PM

Thanks for the input... even if it did hurt my pride to read. I understand what you're saying, but I don't think I've been abusive enough to have damaged it at all, or especially already.
I had two different code readers put on it, and neither one read any codes. Then the guy at autozone told me it's because my check engine light wasn't on.
Anyways, I've taken it to a reputable performance shop about a half hour away. The owner suggested EFI Live on the phone. After he looks at it tomorrow I'm sure I'll know what's going on. If this fixes the problem I'll be posting my Dyno results.