Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Transmission cooler install question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by 05mcSS
where is a great place to get cool air flow for an after market cooler?
If your engine temperature is good and you're not having problems overheating there- then you could mount it in front of the radiator. If you prefer to mount it somewhere else- you could mount it off to a side and duct air to it.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

there is my Trans cooler thread for anyone looking for ideas>>>> https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ge...working-49146/

Old 11-03-2014, 11:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 05mcSS
where is a great place to get cool air flow for an after market cooler? i plan on running it thru the rad cooler then aftermarket cooler. to take advantage of the rad heating in the cool but benefit from cooling during driving. i often have to drive in - 10 degree weather then 90+ weather so i need something capable of handling temp change
My coolers are located directly behind the section of the front valance with the air inlets. Not the upper grill looking area, the one lower to the ground, the elongated thatched area. Mounted the coolers there but in front of the radiator. Tranny coolers are on the drivers side and fuel on passenger.

My altitude here in Utah has caused me cooling issues. Went with the larger radiator from the police Impala and the very high velocity fans from the same police package.

Have you checked to see how clogged your radiator fins are, run some water through them, they might be adequate for normal slow driving, but when the demand is there they cant cool the fluid adequately if the fins are restricted.

Also did you check to see if your Monte's front "Air dam" is still in place. Some people break theirs off pulls into parking spots and running over the stopper barrier. There has been more than one case on here of the dam being missing and when replaced the cooling issue was resolved.