Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Engine oil cooler vs transmission oil cooler

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Default Engine oil cooler vs transmission oil cooler

Ok fellas need help

Im planning on getting this trans cooler with swith or temp. fans

To keep me cool because of my low gears 4.10 and my 3 speed auto.

Now i now i need that trans oil cooler but what about the engine oil, will i have to be concerned about that and if so, i have no problem getting an engine oil cooler as well

I just need to know will i need a seperate cooler so 2 total one for engine and one for tranny. im pretty confused.

O Also where and how does a performance radiator play into all of this i was leaning toward one with dual fans, but most my research has lead me to the trans/engine oil coolers.

Any info will greatly be appreciated.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:00 PM

Would need two separate coolers, if you are going to use an oil and transmission cooler. I would just run a trans cooler and not an engine oil cooler. The only vehicles I have seen an oil cooler on is a pickup, since they haul trailers and such. If you use a trans cooler, you will still use the factory cooler as well. The out put from the factory cooler will go into the input of the external cooler. Then the output of the external cooler will go back to the transmission.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 PM

Thanks i appreciate it seawolf 18. Helps with the dilemma i was having, no worries now.