Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Ticking Distributor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jcb
Ive never heard about an "Airlifter nut."
Ha i totally missed that

Originally Posted by Jcb
LOL sorry, i thought you said "air L ifter nut." The wing nut on top of my breather is secure.
ha i totally missed that

Originally Posted by Jcb
Honestly the tick sounds too fast to be a rocker, But then again i dont really know what im talking about..

The tick doesant sound internal.. It should external but ive looked over everthing that could be loose. Could it be an exhaust leak?
it still has stock manifolds correct... you should look over all the emmisions stuff one of the pipes may have broke that comes off the manifold... and i'd have to disagree with cowboy it all depends on where the exhaust leak is comming from... if it's a hole it will change but if it's a gasket it will tick and just get faster with rpm's

i do have to say it again tho there's is just sooo many things than can make a ticking it's soo hard to diagnose...

do you have any way of getting a video of the sound?

Old 03-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Jcb

Yes, the exhaust manifolds are stock. The car sounds good from the back, it doesn't sound like its leaking. I tried putting my hand real close to the pipes off the manifolds feeling for air.. I couldn't find anything.

I have to replace the starter very soon, ill look at the exhaust more when its up on the lift. I should go ahead and flush the tranny while its up there, hell change the oil too.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Jcb

And no i wont be able to get a video on here, maby i could barrow a friends camera...

Ill update later!