Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

replaced TCC (P0742) now trans wont work

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 05:24 PM
1 Year Member
Default replaced TCC (P0742) now trans wont work

Hey guys, hopefully someone can help, I have a 02 Monte with a 01 GTP drivetrain in it, couple weeks back it threw a TCC code, so I replaced it, I also replace the shift servo`s while I was in there. So, I put everything back together with new fluid/ filter and NOTHING WORKS!!!, not even park!! if I put it in gear the speedo works, rev the engine and the speedo will go up as if you`re driving down the street but the car will not move, the fluid level is a liter low, but I know being a liter low it`ll still move normally. if I put the car in park the tranny will make an awful noise like you were doing 50 km/h and slammed it into park, but park will not engage!? the car will roll forward in park as I found out when I put it back on the ground... I really have no idea what`s going on.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The transmission is not my best area. But is there a reason you are leaving the fluid a liter low? I agree the car should move, but that seems like a significant amount of missing fluid.

Hopefully some of those with more experience inside these transmissions chime in.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Interesting. I guess check your axles & connections to the transmission & wheels first of all... Also check the neutral safety switch... Otherwise, something that was replaced is faulty, the tranny could've gone out, could even be the shift lever.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:44 PM
1 Year Member

Because I was a liter short, that`s the only reason it`s a liter low