Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Pretty Proud of Myself :) but a few problems :P

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Pretty Proud of Myself :) but a few problems :P

Well this all started yesturday, ive been planning to fix my intake gaskets due to them leaking. The top once was leaking but i figured that since ill go that far i might aswell do the lower intake manifold. This was my first time doing it and i was doing it at the mechanic shop where i work at. I had some of my friends guiding me along while i was doing it. It took me 2 whole days, 8 hours at a time to do it but all i know is that its done right and i took my time to make sure everything was spick and span Replaced the lower gasket with felpros kit. They were metal Replaced the coolant elbows with Dormans new Metal elbows. I was going to go GM But couldnt pass up Metal elbows instead of plastic. Replaced the thermostat as well and did the valve cover gaskets. Everything looks sooo clean now Just some minor bugs to fix now. For somereason my trunk pop wont work, and when i place the car in Park or Drive the doors do not unlock and lock as they used too. Also When the car was idling there was no CEL but i felt as soon as i started to move in D That it felt like it was stuck in low gear. The cars revving up to 2000 and its barley moving. CEL Is on but ill take a look at it tomorrow! Any ideas on those problems? Thanks Guys!

Old 12-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

possible vacuum leak causing the cel light and the high rev..... not positive on that but worth a shot to mention

Old 12-21-2012, 07:02 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
possible vacuum leak causing the cel light and the high rev..... not positive on that but worth a shot to mention
Ok Ill check what the code brings up, any ideas on the trunk lock not working?

Old 12-21-2012, 08:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Did you disconnect the battery when you did the work? You might have shorted something?

Old 12-21-2012, 10:03 AM
10 Year Member

Yes the battery was disconnected for the 2 days. But this isnt the first time i disconnected it and dont see how i could have shorted something out. I went this morning and my trunk pop works now with both the remote and button inside but i noticed something weird with the autolock. When i go to the radio in the settings its set to off, so i place it to all unlock and hit the button and i hear a chime. But still when i put it in park or drive it doesnt work. It worked a bit then stopped. Then when i go back to the setting its set to off again? Any ideas?