Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/)
-   -   Pretty Proud of Myself :) but a few problems :P (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-performance-adders-12/pretty-proud-myself-but-few-problems-p-40488/)

Lorenzo 12-20-2012 05:37 PM

Pretty Proud of Myself :) but a few problems :P

Well this all started yesturday, ive been planning to fix my intake gaskets due to them leaking. The top once was leaking but i figured that since ill go that far i might aswell do the lower intake manifold. This was my first time doing it and i was doing it at the mechanic shop where i work at. I had some of my friends guiding me along while i was doing it. It took me 2 whole days, 8 hours at a time to do it but all i know is that its done right and i took my time to make sure everything was spick and span :D Replaced the lower gasket with felpros kit. They were metal :) Replaced the coolant elbows with Dormans new Metal elbows. I was going to go GM But couldnt pass up Metal elbows instead of plastic. Replaced the thermostat as well and did the valve cover gaskets. Everything looks sooo clean now :D Just some minor bugs to fix now. For somereason my trunk pop wont work, and when i place the car in Park or Drive the doors do not unlock and lock as they used too. Also When the car was idling there was no CEL but i felt as soon as i started to move in D That it felt like it was stuck in low gear. The cars revving up to 2000 and its barley moving. CEL Is on but ill take a look at it tomorrow! Any ideas on those problems? Thanks Guys! :)

turbo monte 12-20-2012 08:47 PM

possible vacuum leak causing the cel light and the high rev..... not positive on that but worth a shot to mention

Lorenzo 12-21-2012 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by turbo monte (Post 515179)
possible vacuum leak causing the cel light and the high rev..... not positive on that but worth a shot to mention

Ok Ill check what the code brings up, any ideas on the trunk lock not working?

ChibiBlackSheep 12-21-2012 08:12 AM

Did you disconnect the battery when you did the work? You might have shorted something?

Lorenzo 12-21-2012 10:03 AM

Yes the battery was disconnected for the 2 days. But this isnt the first time i disconnected it and dont see how i could have shorted something out. I went this morning and my trunk pop works now with both the remote and button inside but i noticed something weird with the autolock. When i go to the radio in the settings its set to off, so i place it to all unlock and hit the button and i hear a chime. But still when i put it in park or drive it doesnt work. It worked a bit then stopped. Then when i go back to the setting its set to off again? Any ideas?