Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Polyurethane upper engine mounts

Old 04-12-2010, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Polyurethane upper engine mounts

highly recommend Intense Racing polyurethane dog bone bushings for 6th gen.
have them in mine and now that they've fully settled there is almost no engine rocking and the vibration in the steering wheel is minimal. very affordable for the quality.

INTENSE RACING.COM is the name of the site and they have a nice set of credentials on the home page.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:15 PM

INTENSE RACING.COM is the name of the site and they have a nice set of credentials on the home page.
Just a heads up, Intense has one of the worst records in 3800 history. They've had all kinds of LSD's that fail, and send crap through the transmissions, rockers that were their own brand- until they started grinding aluminum shavings into the engines, and pcm's that they rushed to market and chipped peoples pistons.

There is a bunch of other stuff too that I just won't get into, but I'll just say their track record has been spotty at best with our market. They're now completely out of the wbody market (sold their drag car) and have moved onto other cars instead- not that I blame them too much.

Not saying their poly mounts are bad- its one of the few products that they do have an edge on; their poly mounts are known for being the softest and most liveable, just giving you a heads up on the company as a whole.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

don't know where your getting your information but they are under new management and i've been speaking to the new owner directly and they are working on 3800 w-body cars right now. and any moron can order a programmed pcm and try to put it in their car without knowing what they are doing and if they "chipped pistons" they didn't do all the necessary mods to go with the pcm likely. if your gonna spout off try to know who your trash talking.

as far as soft bushings my engine moves less than 1/4" back and forth when i load up the transmission in gear, thats from drive to reverse total movement. if it didn't let it move at least that much it would be uncomfortable to drive.
i'm building a streetable fast car, if they are considered soft go ahead and ruin the drivability of your car but i'll take the soft ones.

i have come to the understanding that you are good with Monte performance from what i've read so don't take this personally. all i can say is i'm very happy with my mounts and i didn't recommend any other parts from Intense, just the mounts because thats all i have 1st hand experience with. and i still would tell anyone who is looking for a more ridged launch off the line that these are a great product.