Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

"Phantom" trans. problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Default "Phantom" trans. problem

Ok so heres my issue every now and then the trans. in my 04 inimidator has an issue when im starting from a dead stop. when i start rolling on the throttle the rpm comes up but i dont move and then the trans. finally catches up and kinda slams into gear, no banging just a harsh shift into gear then it will drive fine sometimes for days sometimes just until i stop again, there dosen't seem to be any pattern the only constant issue is that if i'm driving along and put it into neutral and back into gear and hit the gas it bogs down bad for a few seconds ten comes right back up or if i double tap the gas it will come right back i have only done this a few times but it always dose it no matter what i do or which gear i'm in

Old 08-24-2010, 09:09 PM

O and yes i did do a trans service i changed my filter and i'm running Lucas oil's semi-senthetic trans. fluid and one of their trans. fluid conditioners not a stop leak thickening fluid just a treatment and their fluid has been approved for use in all gm cars using any fluid except the full sythetic stuff and it seems to have helped the problem of banging into gear is far less frequent (knock on wood) but the neutral bog is still a problem