Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

OK need help with cooling/coolant

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Default OK need help with cooling/coolant

Ok so I posted awhile back about losing coolant out the timing cover gasket. Well about 2 weeks ago I got home from a long trip. I parked the car outside ran in for about an hour. Came back out and there was antifreeze pouring down my drive way. I parked it. Thought it was the water pump but there wasnt any leaks from that. So I had a guy replace the timing caover gasket and intake gasket.

Got it back today, now there is a squeal coming from my engine only when I apply throttle. He said its a prolly the water pump going bad. Now another thing the heat indicator is still going to half when im sitting at lights but when im goin its rather low.

What should I do about the temp of the engine? ( possible fan issue ) I do not know if my fans are suppose to spin all the time?? Like when in park.

Also what could that HORRIBLE noise possibly be. NO it was there before the huge leak issue.

Car is a 3.1l 99 monte carlo with 204k miles on it.