Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

need some advice (cooling system and power steering)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 06:32 AM
Default need some advice (cooling system and power steering)

hey guys, i havent been on for a while because i have been working to pay off a mechanic bill. but my 2005 SCMCSS was int he shop for about 3 weeks, apparently the previous owner put a **** load of that radiator hole plugger and after me driving it for a year completly clogged the radiator, the thermostat, heater coils, and waterpump. now that everything was replaced the **** that cloged it in the first place is still in the engine and no matter how much we flush it the stuff is still there. Any one have any ideas on anything else i can do to get rid of this stuff?......and on a different note my car is making a high pitch whining sound when i turn, so i pretty sure its my power steering but i cant find the resuvare to check it any one know where it is on the 3.8l?

Old 08-02-2009, 07:16 AM

..Hi Weizie, Hopefully one of our expert tech member's will have a solution/suggestion for you.
Check back on your thread ? Below are a few links to check out. Hope they help...Also your Power Steering
Reserviour should be on your power steering pump.
It's a black cap...Good Luck

Automotive Treatments Radiator Flush: Manufacturers a range of ...

Automotive Treatments comprehensive range of products are suitable for an ... Radiator Flush: A powerful radiator flush designed to clean and remove scale ...
www.automotivetreatments.com/automotive.../radiator-flush.htm - Cached - Similar
Questions about Radiator Flushing - Ask.com

Radiator Flush Find San Francisco Auto Shops, Mechanics & Auto Services. Auto. ... If required add a special flush agent to clean radiator, engine block, ...
www.ask.com/questions-about/Radiator-Flushing - Cached - Similar

Last edited by Space; 08-02-2009 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:22 PM

did you or they try any of that rad flush. i recently saw some at walmart