Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Default Need Help

Hello all, new to the forum... but any ways... my gf hasa 2002 Monte Carlo LS.. (I believe the 3400 series engine) but any ways had the oil changed today and was told that the intake gasket needs to be changed because the oil and coolant was mixing.... [:@] from what I have searched on this forum there are two different gaskets for the intake lower and upper... I guess it would be just as good to go ahead and change them both... but I have also been told that it is better to not get the rubber gaskets again... so I guess that I am looking for what kind of gaskets out there would not give me the same kind of problem that is not made out of rubber... and just wondering how long it usually would take to change out both the gaskets on her car... I was guessing around 8 hrs or so.... [&:] they quoted us a price for $750... well really don't wanna pay that much... so as long as I can find the gaskets myself I plan on doing this very soon if I get the chance to do it at her work... and yes I have also heard that this is a very common problem with the monte carlos... and if so is there any kind of recall on it?? thanks for all the help

RYan