Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Idle problems... any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Idle problems... any ideas?

Hey guys.. I got a little problem with my car right now. if its not one thing, its another. If i start up my car, it seems to pick a random RPM to idle at... sometimes it sits low, 750 or 1k, or sometimes it picks numbers as high as 3k. It also picks anything between there. I can shut the car off, turn it back on, and the RPMs are different again. If i drive it, the rpms will again kinda raise and and sometimes lower throughout the ride. Ill shift it into neutral when Im riding at itll be at 1.2/1.5, two blocks later it could be up to 2.5 or 3k. any ideas on what the problem might be? I know its not heathly for me to be driving it like that...

Old 10-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Default RE: Idle problems... any ideas?

[align=center]Hi Mike, sorry to read that you are having more problems : ([/align][align=center]Below are a few `SpaceSuggestions:[/align][align=center]SUBJECT: Idle problems... any ideas? [/align][align=center]I have plenty of idea's, but I don't know `if they are[/align][align=center]the solutions to your prob's : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]bad idle control sensor ? [/align][align=center]or[/align][align=center]faulty idle speed motor ?[/align][align=center]or[/align][align=center]Bad Fuel Filter ?[/align][align=center]0r[/align][align=center]Catis clogging ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Maybe a member that really knows something will[/align][align=center]answer.... Good Luck.[/align][align=center]Check out the below links for `infor/learning/homework : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[ul][*]How to use a Engine Code Scanner[*]Replace Front Brake Pads[*]Change Oil Filter[*]Change Air Filter[*]How to Tune Up your engine[*]Check Battery and Alternator[*]Find out why your Engine Stalls[*]How to Change a Fuel Filter [/ul][/align]