Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Fuel Rail Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 01:46 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Fuel Rail Help

Hey guys...First off wanted to give a big thanks for all that helped with my coolant leak issue. I replaced my LIM gaskets a few months ago and so far all is well! You all were a lot of help and made the process a lot easier.

Anyway, now back to my current issue I am noticing a fuel smell coming from the engine bay. Could really only be coming from a few places so I shined a flashlight at my fuel rail and sure enough I can see fuel pooling around the threaded fitting that goes into the rear fuel rail.(not dripping yet) This is a 98' monte with the 3.1L. As stated above I replaced my LIM gaskets a few months back and the o-ring for that rail popped out when pulling the line off. Luckily I found it back and it looked undamaged but I'm wondering if at re-installation it got cut? or damaged somehow. I know the fitting is tight so it either has to be a bad o-ring or a cracked fuel rail

Does anybody know the part number for this o-ring. If I remember when I was reading up on doing my LIM gaskets folks said not to loose this o-ring because it's hard to find, and not a lot of auto stores have them. So with that said has anyone replaced theirs and remember what the part number was? The auto parts stores around me have a "fuel rail seal kit" with 2 o-rings with it. Assuming one for the fuel press reg, and the other for the fuel supply line? Would that be the one to get?

Thanks for any help. The car still runs fine, just takes a few more revolutions to start, and the smell is getting old when you can start to smell it in the cockpit. You can hear a different pitch in the fuel pump also when you turn the key on from the leak down in pressure in the line.