Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Opinion Needed: (fake) daul CAI

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 09:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Imo:
It doesn't make sense on a LS non super charged vehicle..
I would rather do a through clean, paint, and make it look as Immaculate under the hood as possible.. That would be far more impressive than running a "Fake" dual CAI that's non functional for 1 and 2nd It would look way out of place as it doesn't make sense A clean engine bay is one of the hardest things to keep up with. Especially when its a daily driver..
Make sense?

This is just my opinion..
I'm not trying to condemn your idea.. Its just not logical to me.
Anyone who knows that its not/wasnt a factory option or see's its a non super charged motor or V8 ... Theres no performance advantage I would guess there question would be... Why?

Good Luck whatever you do or decide.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:55 PM

im swapping in a l67 engine in the future so it will be supercharged and since the engine bay is out right now im giving it a very very thorough clean,everything will be spotless and I plan to repaint it red to go along with the gun metal grey paint job and black trim in the future.il also do some reconstructing to hide my battery and fuse box,i think my best bet would be taking out my windshield washer reservoir,cutting a whole out where my battery sits and building a box to fit down in there and cover it with a lid..its kind of hard to explain but il post pics when I start the process

Old 05-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you run it as a Functional Duel CIA, it will allow for Better air flow, but your TB and engine determine how much air is actually drawn into the cylinders. You engine will get the air Faster, but not More. If you went with a Bigger TB then you would get more air.
To run a functional Duel CAI you would need to split the tube from the TB to both boxes. If you run the passenger side into the drivers side CAI you are basically just filtering the air twice. I'm not sure bot that could cause restrictions in the intake and defeat the purpose of having the duel CAI.
One other thing you could do with the space is put a big Coolant Resevuare in. It will not increase your cooling but it will give you extra coolant and better access to it when you have to check your levels.
I really don't think a non Functional anything should go into the engine bay. It's a waist of time, money and effort. So if you are going to put the extra air box in, make it Functional. IMO!
Looking forward to seeing what you do!