Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

LS daul-exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Default LS daul-exhaust

i see that most dual exhaust systems available say they are just for the 3.8L. With the dual-exaust converter from GM parts, will any dual-exhaust system fit an LS???

Can anyone recommend a dual-exhaust system for the LS? I am looking for the perfect balance between performance and sound.

Thanks.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Default RE: LS daul-exhaust

any exhaust for a 3.8L will fit your 3.4L as long as its catback. I bought a flowmaster one on ebay, its very nice.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:23 PM

Ya the split for the dual exhaust is right after the rear wheels. So any of them for a 3.8 will work for a 3.4.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:26 PM

ok cool. that make me happy!

do i still need to buy the dual-exhaust converter from GM??

Also, where can i get the u-bend delete? And does an EGR delete add any power? (of course a PCM replacement would be needed for that)

Old 11-27-2006, 10:29 PM

the converter and such is th same all that is differnt is the y inthe pipe and 2 muffs

Old 11-28-2006, 03:00 AM

ok, i just finished up two other posts on exhaust.... whats one more... lol

refer to these for your best ideal setup.
https://montecarloforum.com/m_8514/tm.htm
https://montecarloforum.com/m_19822/tm.htm

i wouldnt waste your money buying a prebuilt system. go to a local exhaust shop. not the name brand guys the small shops that have been there for countless years are your best choice cause they know exhaust better then anyone else.

if you read on those posts, you will see i had a complete Yes Complete Down pipe to tips system for $400 and it looks like art! and functions the same.

--if your just doing a cat back system, you wont need to replace your cat. one thing to consider is to replace the "U-bend" this looks like a crushed part of pipe with the o2 sensor sticking out the top. have the shop cut this part out and weld in a new bung for the o2.

--EGR question. egr delete really wont help any... it actually helps prevent detonation in the engine. and keeping the engine from pulling timing to stop detonation. so leave it in. if you get tuning software, you may oneday consider removing it but even the average tuner leaves it in. cause without it, the only other way to battle detonation is either pull more timing (hurts power) or spray more fuel (worse mpg) that is why most people leave it in... gas milage!

Old 11-28-2006, 04:12 AM

thanx a lot phoenix. that is really a big help.

now its time to go find a good shop..........

rumble here i come!![8D]

Old 12-26-2006, 08:48 PM

i have an 04 ls and i wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions as to what the setup should be for me to geta nice sound with performance? i am looking for all suggestions cause i am trying to get this done the beginning of next year in jan.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

let us know when you get it done and what you get done

and also what it sounds like