Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

6th Gen ('00-'05): The End

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sucks to hear. Don't buy from ZZP this time? There's not much else out there, but there are better routes. ZZP has issues all the time from what I see.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:55 AM
1 Year Member

Yea I will keep everyone updated as I start to do stuff. For now I am buying a cheap car for daily driver and letting her sit till I can buy parts and it gets warmer out since I am not working in this 5 degree weather lol. And I have no problem with ZZP I wouldn't say it was there parts that failed. I would say I pushed a bit much with stock heads. Had I already had better heads and single piece valves this wouldn't have happened. And yea even though the bottom end was just rebuilt I will have to do it again to make sure everything is good. I will be using as many parts as I can over like my cam and double roller and things like that. But I will change out all the pistons just not sure if I want forged or not. I hear mixed opinions about them. And has anyone bout the ported supercharger from 3800performance because I was looking at going that route since I need to replace mine.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've often read that rebuilt bottom ends aren't that strong. That you should just stick to a stock bottom

Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 AM
1 Year Member

Well the rebuilt bottom end has been great and is taking all the extra stuff well.This was the valve and only reason bottom will need to be rebuilt again is to make sure it didn't damage anything else besides the 1 piston that is destroyed.well looks like I know where my tax money is going haha

Old 01-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Wow, your a madman for sure. OMG doing it all over again. I just know it's going to be awesome from the sounds of it. So sorry you have to go this route a 3rd time..... Well like the old saying goes "3rd times the charm". Mine was done 3 times and the last one is holding up really well. I'm sure the shop that built mine and is building Sam's could build you what you need and ship it out to you. They actually specialize in SuperChargers builds more than the turbochargers, and at a minimum I will put you in touch with Matt to assist with answering any questions you might come across.

Now you have plenty of time to scour the internet looking for deals on parts.

Yellow Jacket in the hive, I repeat Yellow Jacket in the hive...............

Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 AM
1 Year Member

Hahah. Yea I am a madman doing it again. But each time I have learned a bit more and hey I've put to much in her already to just give up. And thanks having another contact is always a good thing for questions. I know I dont want a shop to do it this time. This time its going to be me and my dad to do this whole project. I know the only thing I will need to send out for is the lower half to be balanced sine the new pistons will be different weight and stuff. And I still have all the parts from black Friday and the trans to get and put in as well. So it will deff take time but once she is back running she will deff be better than ever and will deff give a lot of people a good run.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Hey you just do like you said REALLY take your time and do your homework, leave nothing to chance when playing at those power levels your going for. Any questions the shop I go to will resolve them for you. They build and run their own dragsters, Paul Snell the father (owner) took top dragster for 2011. Matt Snell one of the 3 sons working there, my builder will gladly without hesitation help you with any critical issues you need to resolve. Here is his shops contact link:

Paul's Automotive and 4x4 - Superchargers

Standing by for the big thaw here to, we have been hovering around the 5 degree mark too!! Take care...

Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 AM
1 Year Member

Yes nothing at all will be left to chance this time. And nice thanks for the link I will deff be asking them any questions I have. Yea i know over here it is supposed to get in the 40's and 50's next week so I will use that time to do some more tear down and as I get parts and begin to work I'll make a thread to show the progress.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Yellowjacket
Yes nothing at all will be left to chance this time. And nice thanks for the link I will deff be asking them any questions I have. Yea i know over here it is supposed to get in the 40's and 50's next week so I will use that time to do some more tear down and as I get parts and begin to work I'll make a thread to show the progress.
You dog in the 40's and 50's........ I'm more than a little jealous
When you call ask for Matt and tell them Greg Hubbs told you to call. I will see Matt and let him know I told you to call with any questions about your Supercharger project. These guys are sharper than a needle.... Anyway bro enjoy the nice weather coming your way...

http://www.paulsautoand4x4.com/pauls...urbo-monte.htm

Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 AM
1 Year Member

Man thats some nice stuff you got in there. So did they build your trans or did you buy one from a different company. I'm looking at Triple Edge for mine.

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): The End