Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

6th Gen ('00-'05): The End

Old 01-15-2013, 04:38 PM
1 Year Member
Default The End

Well guys thats it. I'm done with the 3800. The bottom went again. So if its not under waranty anymore then Ill be selling car as a rolling or part it out. I just dont feel like fixing it and need a change. Ill let you know what ends up for sale if I art it out seeing as how it has everything on the top end.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:50 PM

Hi `John, sorry to read that you had the bottom go again How many miles were on it the first time ? How many miles on the last time ? How did you drive it ? Were you hard on it ? Did you do the rebuild yourself ?

Wish you good luck on finding a replacement ride that you will like & enjoy...Keep us updated & the best of luck to you 4-Sure

Old 01-15-2013, 04:52 PM
1 Year Member

the old one had 119,000 on it. This one had 13,000 on it. ZZP did the build. The heads and top half are perfect with only 13,000 on it and full of upgrades. And No I only drove it hard a few times like made 3 times. I love the car but just can't do it anymore.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ZZP did the build? What actually went? Did you spin a bearing or did a rod break?

Old 01-15-2013, 04:57 PM
1 Year Member

Honestly I dont know. I didnt want to spend the money by having the shop take it all apart. All I know is it jumped timing and a spark plug got destroyed. So something internal went. And yea they did the build. Sent car to them last year to do it.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds like the chain snapped. Did you upgrade to a Rollmaster? And are you sure one of the valves didn't drop? I had a valve snap off on me once at the guide and drop in my #2 and explode it.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Man bro I can't or don't want to believe this happened to you again. Sooo sorry to see that motor pop on you. I had a crappy 1st build popped it in 1500 miles. Then went to a shop that builds dragsters and such as I deduced they build engines to take massive power with close tolerances and understand all the dynamics that come into play when your operating at the upper limits of a motor's design. Wonder if ZZP just has a grasp of what to do, but not what it really takes to insure a build does not come apart in 20,000 miles even when it's being worked over pretty good by the driver. What a waste, I feel for you.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:34 PM
1 Year Member

Hey believe this. When my first one went they did the full build for me and 3 weeks later that one blew so I sent back to them since under waranty and now a year later this one blows. I have so much money in this Ill never get back. And yes I had a double roller on it. The engine has XP Cam, #130 springs, lifters, aluminum valve covers, upgraded fuel ump, billet fuel rails, #60 injectors, 250 wat Amp, 3.3 pully on supercharger, ZZP headers to magnaflow cat to cut out, intake, poly dogbone and engine mounts. And I still have a pile of part I ordered on black friday. Guess those will get returned.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Yellowjacket
Hey believe this. When my first one went they did the full build for me and 3 weeks later that one blew so I sent back to them since under waranty and now a year later this one blows. I have so much money in this Ill never get back. And yes I had a double roller on it. The engine has XP Cam, #130 springs, lifters, aluminum valve covers, upgraded fuel ump, billet fuel rails, #60 injectors, 250 wat Amp, 3.3 pully on supercharger, ZZP headers to magnaflow cat to cut out, intake, poly dogbone and engine mounts. And I still have a pile of part I ordered on black friday. Guess those will get returned.
Wow what a tragedy for you. Sounds like someone was just guessing on clearances, tolerances and torque specs. I always liked your Monte, like we were twinners..... Sad to see you go, what a butt load of coin you dropped on your build. Damn shame you trust someone and this happens way to prematurely. R.I.P Yellow Jacket Monte

Old 01-15-2013, 06:10 PM
1 Year Member

Yea I hear you. I'm really hoping that they will help me cause this is just wrong. And yea we were man I was gonna get that hood in time lol. Well If I do part it out or anything Ill let everyone know so can get good top engine parts for good price

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): The End