Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Dod Delete kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 05:20 AM

Head studs are threaded rods that screw into the block. The head fits over the threaded pieces and are fastened with a nut on top. These are typically used in high compression applications. If you are considering going with a turbo set up with any moderate boost, I would go with the head studs over bolts.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:44 AM

I have no idea whats going on here. That is all. Muf, make a copy of your mods, then put them into my monte as well, and all will be well. =]

Old 10-18-2013, 07:41 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Hiroska
I have no idea whats going on here. That is all. Muf, make a copy of your mods, then put them into my monte as well, and all will be well. =]
lol essentially I am going to be doing a full DOD delete rather then just have it tuned out. This allows me to swap out the LS4 intake manifold to an ls2 or ls6 intake manifold a little easier. I will also be able to go with a much larger cam. And then I'm going to be switching out the LS4 TB to an LS2 TB. And then swap out the LS4 MAF with an LS7 MAF. Essentially I am just going to help my car breath a lot better. All the LS4 stuff is very restrictive. If it wasn't for our LS6 heads, we wouldn't be making close to the power that we are just because it doesn't really breath that well. That's pretty much going to be the extent of my modding for my car.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by iMuf
lol essentially I am going to be doing a full DOD delete rather then just have it tuned out. This allows me to swap out the LS4 intake manifold to an ls2 or ls6 intake manifold a little easier. I will also be able to go with a much larger cam. And then I'm going to be switching out the LS4 TB to an LS2 TB. And then swap out the LS4 MAF with an LS7 MAF. Essentially I am just going to help my car breath a lot better. All the LS4 stuff is very restrictive. If it wasn't for our LS6 heads, we wouldn't be making close to the power that we are just because it doesn't really breath that well. That's pretty much going to be the extent of my modding for my car.
with that being said, would you be able to keep DOD if you wanted to while making it breath better? And which city are you located in? lol.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:55 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Hiroska
with that being said, would you be able to keep DOD if you wanted to while making it breath better? And which city are you located in? lol.
It depends on what you want to do. If you just want to swap the intake manifold, TB, and MAF then I'm pretty sure you can keep DOD. You will have to do some extra modding on the Intake to help it fit with the DOD valley cover. But that's about it. But if you want to start getting into cams, the only cam I know of that we can jump up to is the cam out of a Pontiac G8. Since it is a DOD cam like ours, just has a little larger lope then ours does. But if you want to start going bigger then you have to pretty much get rid of everything to do with DOD and go to non DOD parts. I'm out of Cary, NC

Old 04-19-2016, 07:40 AM

What are the power gains with a g8 cam swap? Is the ls2 tb and ls7 maf plug and play?