Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Dod Delete kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 01:49 PM
1 Year Member
Default Dod Delete kit

Has anyone heard of this kit from texas speed, https://www.texas-speed.com/showprod...afm-delete-kit

I came across this last night and since I plan on fully getting rid of all the DOD components rather then just have it tuned out, this looks like a good deal. It's $389 for kind of the basic kit that comes with everything needed to delete DOD. If you want to jump up just a bit and still keep the GM head bolts but replace all 16 lifters instead of just 8 lifters then it will run about $469. And if you want ARP head bolts with all the lifters you are looking at $515. And lastly, if you want ARP head studs and all 16 lifters then you are looking at $665. Has anyone heard anything good from this kit? Also, what is the difference between Head Bolts and Head Studs?

Old 10-07-2013, 02:25 PM

Head bolts? Cam gasket? To replace lifters

With you not knowing what a head stud is, I'll assume this task would be way too difficult for you.

The DOD/AFM can be eliminated simply by using a custom computer program. You don't even have to lift the hood

Last edited by SSilver; 10-07-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yep got rid of mine with a tune no issues .... Why go through all that hassle?

Old 10-07-2013, 03:13 PM
1 Year Member

I know you can tune it out which is what I was originally planning to do that until I decided I wanted to cam my Monte as well. There are not many DOD cams available that I have seen, and the ones I have seen normally go with a cam from a G8. However I want a cam that is a little larger then that which means going with something that is a non DOD cam. I am also planning to install an LS2 or LS6 intake and with a DOD valley cover there are a few extra modifications that need to be made which you wouldn't need to do with a Non DOD valley cover. Also I know what head bolts are, just have never heard the term head studs before which is why I was asking what the difference was. I am not planning on making a Monte with 700HP or anything like that. I'm just wanting to make a better Monte. All the LS4 stuff is super restrictive hence why I want to replace all this, to help it breath better and get some modest power out of it. And then from there I may turbo (I still haven't decided on that). But anyway, that is why I am looking to go this route rather then a tune, because it will make all my other mods way easier down the road.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member

Imuf have you also considered that your trannie and drive axle will also have to be beefed up to handle all the extra torque these mods will cause?

Old 10-07-2013, 03:43 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Imuf have you also considered that your trannie and drive axle will also have to be beefed up to handle all the extra torque these mods will cause?
Sure have, I will be getting a TEP transmission before I do any of these mods.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member

Ok good ... I have heard some bad stories where this was an after thought after the drive axle got twisted by the torque

Old 10-07-2013, 03:51 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Ok good ... I have heard some bad stories where this was an after thought after the drive axle got twisted by the torque
Any Idea on how to beef the axle up?

Old 10-07-2013, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMuf
Any Idea on how to beef the axle up?
As far as I know you need a new performance one. I have never had to look for one. Might try the on-line speed shops like summit or auto anything

After my headers I am done modding my engine (I think) ...... any more mods to it then I'll have to look for a performance axle

Old 10-07-2013, 04:32 PM
1 Year Member

Thanks for the heads up. I knew I would need a transmission upgrade, But I didn't know about the axel. I will look into that as well

Quick Reply: Dod Delete kit