Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

code p0730 is now p1811?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 01:33 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy code p0730 is now p1811?

so i had Nightmagic at the dealership today, had another diagnostics done. the codes changed for the transmission, they think its bad just like my transmission guy. they fixed the abs for me, he wrote on paper "found rf wss to jumper harness terminals corroded, cleaned corrosion, may need hub and jumper harness in future" drove it home without a lit up dash...lets see how long this last lol. but now about these codes...why are they changing? i still dont have overdrive, and the harsh shifts hardly ever happen....could a solenoid be bad? valve body? could the gear ACTUALLY be worn down to nothing like the trany guys seems to think? please help, anyone who has had trany problems that are associated with that code, or the same problem, i dont want to have to rebuild my whole trany it its only one part that is some what of an easy fix (as easy as it can be when dealing with trany's that is! lol)

Old 01-26-2011, 01:41 PM

Hi NightMagic,
Sorry 2 read about your problem & I hope that one of our expert tech reads your posted problem & can help in some way. Click the below link & check to see if it will help...
Also keep checking your thread to see `if some of our member's can help with your problem...Good Luck 4-Sure
http://www.greatautohelp.com/chevyan...yanswer29.html
Click on link above

Old 01-26-2011, 09:00 PM

thanks for the link but that much i already knew Well that didnt last long...abs acted up on my way to work. had to unplug the stupid thing again...now it gets weirder...my low tire pressure light came on after i left dealership, checked all tires, they are normal. after i disconnected the abs pump the light didnt come back on...they made note about my hubs. are my bearings with my speed sensors inside my hubs? if they are bad would that cause the trany to not run right and cause the low tire pressure light to come on and what not? im getting so fed up with all her problems and no 1 seems to know much or pin point anything with all thats going on....i really miss my overdrive, shes sucking down so much more gas because of it

Old 01-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

http://www.tripleedgeperformance.com..._Problems.html

Follow the link both codes and possible reasons are listed in the common problems drop down. I had both happen after I swapped to an HD differential that had a bad VSS reluctor wheel. I'm guessing there's a short in that magnetic sensor or wire connecting to it.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by PacerSS
http://www.tripleedgeperformance.com..._Problems.html

Follow the link both codes and possible reasons are listed in the common problems drop down. I had both happen after I swapped to an HD differential that had a bad VSS reluctor wheel. I'm guessing there's a short in that magnetic sensor or wire connecting to it.
Thank you so much! i was actually at that same website yesterday when i did a search on the code p1811 to figure out what it really meant. but never went any further into the site than the page google searched for me...guess i should have checked it out more lol. it does help me understand more. the trany guy did explain to me about 4th gear and the splines wearing down. i just had a hard time believing it due to the fact that she showed no previous signs that anything was wearing down. and on top of that she only had a little over 120k on her when he diagnosed her. i thought transmissions were supposed to last longer than that! and ppl wonder why i get cautious about buying a vehicle with over 75k...... will be doing some more research today on this...looks like im still going to have to have trany ripped into tho