Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 03:54 PM
Default check engine light

man okay, i have installed all the mods listed in my signature except the 3.4" MPS... i knew the check engine light would come on because i put the headers on and deleted the o2 sensor... but anyway, i had hooked it up to a computer and saw the code and deleted it yesterday... now today the light is back on...?? what the hell?

also... not so much today but yesterday i was getting poor throttle response... today she is flying though, guess i had to shake the cobwebs out of the headers and everything...

any ideas on what i should do about this? i really need a good tune but i am gonna wait till i put the MPS on which may be tomorrow or tuesday... i have it right in front of me but i need to tune it after i put it on because my car has mild kr stock...

oh also, the freakin y pipe hits the floor boards in reverse... it is pissing me off reaaaaally bad because it sounds AWFUL.... i guess i am just gonna cut that y pipe out and get a whole new exhaust system from the downpipe back.... maybe i will go true duals

Old 06-01-2009, 01:35 AM

When you say you hooked it up to a computer to delete the code, I am assuming that you hooked it up to some form of scanning software and used a "clear DTC" function.

This will only temporarily clear the check engine light and clear out the stored trouble code.

What you want to do (or what you thought you had done) is to disable that particular code. You will need some form of tuning software in order to do this. Until then, every time it comes up you can clear it with the scanner, but it will come right back up every time the PCM sees that same error from that sensor.

Are you sure that the y-pipe is hitting the floorboard?
I'm not very familiar with the pacesetters, but it is fairly common for headers to hit the sway bar. They also rarely may hit the firewall.
If they are hitting the swaybar, then you can flip the swaybar upside down and reinstall it and that will move the swaybar enough to clear the headers.
If they are hitting the firewall, you may want to check out some offset engine mounts or shortened dogbones. People have used one or the other to solve the firewall problem.

-Riggs.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:11 PM

well i actually witnessed the y pipe hitting the floorboard lol so that's how i know about that... i gotta get it fixed somehow...

thanks for the info about the check engine light... gotta go get her tuned anyway.... so i might as well go do it tomorrow...