Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Cartuning Turbo Kit Install Complete

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 09:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy 08
Never thought of that. I am dropping the hood off at the body shop today to have the mustang GT500 extractor vent placed in the middle, and the two hood louvers from the 96 grand prix gtp. It'll basically look similar to Buscemi's 800hp monte carlo. Hoping to get it back in a few days, and I'll upload pics of the finished product oh and yeah its just a water/meth kit but i opted to use "boost juice".....plotting on more power now. Think I'll call it quit if I can get to 500whp
You are certifiable you know... Dang going cray cray with the hood now. From what I have went through on can never have enough engine compartment heat extraction and cool air circulation. Going to look sick, need to see what you have had done. My hood is really limited as it is a thick composite and difficult to really fit anything through it with all the irregular surfaces and all. The GTP louvers are rare to find, nice snag! And the GT-500 extractor is over the top.

Nice you did the water / meth , lets you up retard your ignition like a higher octane fuel, way to go. 500 is super, way more than most people would expect you to come on with. Now you need to find a LSD to apply all the power to both wheels... $$$$$$$$, it never ends does it...

Old 05-07-2017, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Angry

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
You are certifiable you know... Dang going cray cray with the hood now. From what I have went through on can never have enough engine compartment heat extraction and cool air circulation. Going to look sick, need to see what you have had done. My hood is really limited as it is a thick composite and difficult to really fit anything through it with all the irregular surfaces and all. The GTP louvers are rare to find, nice snag! And the GT-500 extractor is over the top.

Nice you did the water / meth , lets you up retard your ignition like a higher octane fuel, way to go. 500 is super, way more than most people would expect you to come on with. Now you need to find a LSD to apply all the power to both wheels... $$$$$$$$, it never ends does it...
Haha, yeah aside from getting and removing air, I wanted to do something to make it look aggressive/stand out but not stray too far from the original look. I wake up with new ideas on a daily. Did you delete your cats? I think that may be my restriction. The installers said there was an 80hp difference when the cutout is open. (I found that strange, even more so hey didn't bother to troubleshoot it) I haven't looked at the cutout, but I assume its after the catalytic converter. Currently have a custom magaflow catback exhaust. Thoughts?

Old 05-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Most power comes from the most free flowing exhaust. So yes deleting cats will help. Most likely the cutout is before the cats if your seeing that kinda gains

Old 05-11-2017, 11:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Going with that much boost to begin with, you should straight pipe the catalytic. You'll just melt them anyway, might as well delete them before they melt, clog, and cause issues.

Don't just gut the cat either, make sure you put a straight pipe in its place.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:02 PM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member

Heavy Chevy, Hello. Just wondering if Kevin at CT has a kit capable of 500 HP. I was sure I heard he had two different kits.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:53 AM
10 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by Slugger088
Heavy Chevy, Hello. Just wondering if Kevin at CT has a kit capable of 500 HP. I was sure I heard he had two different kits.
You only had the option of not getting methanol injection. I took my car completely back to stock because the kit is made for the stock setup but it will ultimately depend on your car. No one is the same. I believe my exhaust plays a role (the restriction I referred to in another reply), and it could be something in the tuning also. I plan on taking it to another shop soon to get their opinion. But I will say 443 at the wheel is a boat load.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Very nice, I bet she drives like a whole new car, you doubled the factory hp. Bet you feel like you are flying. Got her up to a buck 5 eh, need to push her into the 140's to feel the thrill. I was wondering how the build was going, happy for you it is over and back in your possession. Somethings will take a minute, just have to schelax and let them do their magic. My first time around with the custom builds my Monte was gone for over 2.5 years. And its back into the shop all the time for this or that.

400 whp is actually pretty decent, you running a water meth kit?
http://
Name:  20170519_191128_zpsqiowx2lc.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  379.4 KB]Name:  20170519_190920_zpsaocnaini.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  422.8 KB[/url]

Old 05-20-2017, 11:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy 08
http://
][/url]
Someone is sic, someone did a sic mod, that someone has a sic Monte SS. Looks Devilish What is the name of your Monte? Has to be a sic one now you understand, no simple Simon stuff...

Venomous would look good across your windshield... with a Black widow up in the corner, silver eyes, red hour glass, sitting in a silver web.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

That looks awesome!

Old 05-21-2017, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
That looks awesome!
Thanks man, Im just waiting to see your crazy come to life. Ita gonna be amazing. Unfortunately for me, I'm 90% sure my tranny just kicked the bucket at 32k miles. Gonna get the rebuild kit from TEP and have someone get on it. (Assuming its gone) Weird thing is it was fine when i parked it two weeks ago *shrug* back to the drawing board lol