Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Blown engine, still runs, lacks power...smh

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good news everybody, GM has decided to just replaced the engine with $4800 to spend. Either take the money and spend it however or they just repair it from a shop of my choice. Which I honestly dont know no good shops to take to too to selave money and pocket the rest, so I really went with the dealer instead. Not having the "know how" tO repair the engine or drop one myself is frustrating but oh well. So it just went in and it will be ready by Friday the man said. The tech said the engine was completely leaking oil all over and definitely needs an engine. So they will drop a 52k engine in with a 6 month warranty. I tried shooting for a new one which is possible (if I had the remaining $ to pay for the rest then I would but I can't). So I'm sticking with what is affordable! Thanks guys for the insight, I really appreciate it...

Old 08-07-2011, 08:37 AM

Thats great! Im glad to hear that they were willing to help you. See if they can also refund the money for your rental... The worst thing they can say is no.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:33 PM

Yup DRuben, that's the only worst thing that can happen. I had faxed her the rental receipt wilhich was $774 and she will give it to the board of trustees she said on wensday. Solve said that they will only credit me the amount from when I first called them to the last date of return. So they maybe will or maybe not! Worth a shot regardless...

Old 08-16-2011, 09:06 PM

Finally the vehicle is done! The problem I am having now is that the car was NOT and I repeat "was not" doing the things it's doing now before it gottothe dealer. Even though the engine is in and running right, the shifter is sticken major to the point it takes muscle to shift from one gear to the next. Also, the caliper did not seized up on me before the vehicle got towed there. The mechanic who "fixed" my car told gm that he tested it and drove it and everything which was fine. Now when I picked it up, the caliper has gripped the rotor like kissing cousins and the shifter is hard to put in gears. After pulling off from the lot, I decided to go to the gas station to put gas in it and got out the car, ended up up smelling something burning. I tried to crank it up to take it back to thedealer and it wouldn't start. I checked the shifter to make sure I was in park and which I was. It took two minutes for the vehicle to start. I even check the power to see if there was any and which there was. Now it's back at the shop and I'm confused. Could they want money and ended up doing something to my car so I wouldn't have no choice but to pay them to repair. It's mind buggling because the car was NOT doing that when I helped the guy with pulling it on the flat bed to take it to the dealer. It shifted properly And braked fine so I think he trying to get some money out of me. Help me with this one guys, any ideas or could be's.....

Old 08-17-2011, 10:42 AM

Why would you take it to the dealership to have a motor installed? They don't know what they are doing with your car. They just have all the tools to do the job. If you ever have to have work like this done at the dealership then it would be wise to find out what tech is doing the job and make sure he has the experience to do the job. Good luck with getting your car back to normal. I hope everything works out. I'm getting rid of the one I got now, too many problems.