Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

My monte wont start ***smh (shaking my head)***

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question My monte wont start ***smh (shaking my head)***

I used my remote start yo start my car and it started right up. So while being in the house, i figure since i didnt get in my car yet, I figure to cut the cat off with the remote. Then, when I finally go outside to start my car, it wouldnt budge. I do have power, heater and radio comes on just fine, the engine wont turn over. It makes this clickin sound... I am at a lost of not knowing what is the problem...any help would be appreciated

Old 02-28-2010, 01:16 AM

Bad battery? Maybe try checking voltage while someone cranks it? Strange it would not run right after it just started fine though.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:00 AM

Could it be the battery? I was talkin to someone and they said to jump the ar off. If it don't jump, then its something else, if it do jump off then it is the battery. They also said that it could be the battery with "NO CRANKING AMPS" but full power. ould the alternator do that as well? Could it be the starter? Which taht starter was replaced LAST YEAR with a brand new (including the alternator). So im at a lost right now.....

Old 02-28-2010, 09:09 AM

mine doesnt start when its in the negative degrees. but thats about it. you say everything turns on except your motor. thats wierd, and sounds like a wiring problem to me.

do you have an aftermarket starter or oem?

nothing should turn on unless everything turns on.
that makes sense about not having enough cold cranking amps.

does it do it all the time or just on certain occasions?

Old 02-28-2010, 09:11 AM

im real lost now. ok so your remote start works fine.

you go to start it with the key and nothing.

check for corrosion or power/grounds not making contact. its most def the battery.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:38 AM

@ mak330: Both (remote start & and key) will not make it turn over when I "try" to crank it up. I was saying earlier that when I started it up (before all this happened), I start it with the remote and it was fine. When I knew I wasn't coming out no time sooner, I cut the car off with the remote. So when I try to start it again (when I finally go outside) with the remote, it wouldn't do anything. I even tried it with the key, still no luck.

This the first time it happened! I know earlier this month, I got a jump from a neighbor when the battery was COMPLETELY DEAD, which that helped but now onfused now.

I am about to go try to jump it off with my fiance's car, if that don't budge, then im go have to bite the bullet and take it in the shop.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:44 AM

wheredid you get the starter and alternator replaced at. if its not that long ago, most respectable shops, warranty there work/parts for a year.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds like your battery went bad. Usually, when there's a clicking noise when you try to start the car, but it won't crank, your battery is nearly dead.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:15 AM

ya my G/F got a battery that was less than 6 months old, then her car would not start. all i did was take it in for a charge and clean the conectors with a wire brush. the battery holds a great charge but the terminals wouldnt allow current to properly go anywhere.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:18 AM

p.s. if you get a new battery, i would suggest duralast gold or ac delco. i always wanted to get an ultima, but have heard 50/50 reviews on them. its not worth it to me spending 200 on a battery that dies within a year.

also stinger a v-maxx sells a great battery if your looking for
glass mat/sealed.

Quick Reply: My monte wont start ***smh (shaking my head)***