Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

95 Transmission Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Angry 95 Transmission Problem

I bought my daughter a 95 with the 3.1, it has 217k miles. I drove it for a month to work out bugs. Only issue was with temp - long story but allowed her to start driving and she managed to overheat and blow head gasket. Since the car overheated the transmission will not engage! I backed it down the driveway put it in park and that was it!
We pushed the car into the garage and my dad and my daughter have rebuilt the top end of the engine replacing, head gaskets, timing belt, intake gasket and she is running! But alas the transmission just slides through tge gears and refuses to pull!
The only thing I know that needs replaced that wasn't was the EGR (?) valve. I don't have emissions. But regardless the check engine light is off the car is running and it didn't flash any codes with code thing from parts store! I don't know how hot the car may have gotten when she was driving it. But we got it home by driving once it cooled down.
I have the original records of maintenance up to 160k and we went ahead and replaced the transmission filter and fluid! That didn't make a difference? We've even unplugged the ECM to see if that helped-- nothing!
Any ideas? Why the transmission won't engage at all?????????????