Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

6th Gen ('00-'05): 4.2 Stroker kit. Is this legit / has anyone done it?

Old 08-19-2012, 03:48 PM
1 Year Member
Default 4.2 Stroker kit. Is this legit / has anyone done it?

Ok so I found this kit online and I was wondering if anyone has done this or knows if this company is real?

Swan Racing 3800 Stroked Engines

Old 08-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That is legit, but it costs a lot for very little gains. You're pretty much just getting bragging rights with that (although in a way that's all any of us are trying to do with our builds, lol ).

Old 08-19-2012, 04:53 PM
1 Year Member

Yea I know what you mean. lol. But by very little gains what do you mean? Like how little? Cause we all know with our builds every little bit counts haha.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:44 PM

I don't think anyone has ever done a direct A>B test with the stroker being the only change.

The problem is- speaking about 3800's in the US - there have been a few builds, and the resulting numbers have been very unimpressive, especially considering the money spent. There aren't any stroker kits on the top hp cam charts for ANY cam. That doesn't necessarily mean they don't make more power- I'm sure they do, but it's an unnecessary expense considering how far people have gone with stock 3800 bottom ends.

Take the money for one of those, plus all the machine shop work involved- and get a good turbo kit and be done with it. Want more power? Add a cam, a bigger IC, E85, etc etc- you get to the point where the car doesn't ever hook up on the street and shreds transmissions left and right when you're pushing it at the track on slicks. Sure, if you get to that point, and want a little more power- you could do a stroker- but for what? You're only going to make your traction and transmission problems even worse....

Old 10-21-2013, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Yellowjacket
Ok so I found this kit online and I was wondering if anyone has done this or knows if this company is real?

Swan Racing 3800 Stroked Engines

I am not aware about that site.
In order to help you,i checked whois database of the 3800stroked.com using Whoisxy.com . They have a clear format information in whois database.Using this information,i didn't confirm is the legit or not.Then i checked that company complaints using Scamadviser.com I got "This Very New Site Has an Unknown Reputation " message.Bette try another famous one.I hope it will be very useful to you.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by polo91
I am not aware about that site.
In order to help you,i checked whois database of the 3800stroked.com using Whoisxy.com . They have a clear format information in whois database.Using this information,i didn't confirm is the legit or not.Then i checked that company complaints using Scamadviser.com I got "This Very New Site Has an Unknown Reputation " message.Bette try another famous one.I hope it will be very useful to you.
The original site is down - not sure if they even sell them anymore. Can't imagine they do seeing that they never really seemed to make any big numbers that couldn't have been attained on stock bottom ends.

There really isn't another 'famous one' that sells stroker kits for the 3800. The place in Austrailia (COME Racing?) may still make them, but why bother?