Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

3.4 Plug replacement info

Old 12-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Default 3.4 Plug replacement info

Ok I've read now about three posts that say you need to roll your engine forward in order to get at the rear spark plugs when replacing them. NO YOU DON'T!!!!! I've only changed themonce but it was soooooo easy I would never suggest to anyonethat roll their engine forward. The coil pack has two (maybe three I can't remember) connections for it and some housing bolts. If you remove the coil pack you have alllll the room you need. You'll have to use the "See/feel with My fingers" method, but I would rather remove the coil pack then rolling a engine. Lets not forget that rolling engines are hard on other mounts and replacing mount are NOT fun at all.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Default RE: 3.4 Plug replacement info

this might be true on the 3.4 motors, The pos tthat you have read could be just a generic thread saying it with the assumption that they are working on the 3.8 . And with it even removing the coil pack the plugs will not have enough room to get to them easily.

You can however go over th etop of the motor to get to them and do so with out rolling the motor But rolling the motor dose make it easier for you.

Old 12-30-2007, 02:56 PM

Thats why i put 3.4 on the post. two of the threads didn't say what engine and the other did say 3.4

Old 12-30-2007, 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: omega325

Thats why i put 3.4 on the post. two of the threads didn't say what engine and the other did say 3.4
so in other words the two post that were read or posted in that didnt say 3.4 or 3.8 then they were responded to in the way that others have learned or been told.

Not all the information on this site or any other should be taken as gold. Some will find diffrent ways to do things better then said on the site or you might even find it harder to be done then someone else has.

So take it in to consideration and when you get to the car look around if you can get around it with out rolling the motor then do it that way. Some folks here might not be abel to do it this way. or prefer to roll the motor.

when someoneasks how to do somthingin a post. it gets responded by pepole here that are all ove rthe spectruim of experince and all diffrent kinds of owners. I personaly own a 3.8 in a 03 SS. i would not attempt to tell you how to do something that was real involved on your 3.4, this would not be something i would feel comfortabel to tell you .