Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

1986 Monte CL V6 "Fuel Injection"

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Default 1986 Monte CL V6 "Fuel Injection"

Well i have some questions and here we go:

When i first start the car up a puff of blue smoke, Ive been told its some oil getting past the valves, only one puff and the car smokes no more, Ive been told if it goes away dont worry about it too much just watch your oil. I can live with that but is there anything i can do to stop that one puff? oil additive etc.......?

The car has 45k and off of a dead stop it seems to be lacking a bit of "umph" and bogs down a little, but once it starts going aroun 25-30 mph it seams to have power again, any ideas what i can do to beef this up?

I've noticed lately that when I hit the brake hard (not all the time) the car feels like its about to stall but the computer im guessing gives a little gas to prevent it from stalling, any idea what this is?

Only minor upgrades i did was a Flowmaster Delta 40 series muffler (which sounds awesome BTW). Anyone have any tips and/or tweaks i could do to the engine? Everything is stock besides the muffler.

Is there a chip available for my engine?

*takes a deep breath* ok i beleive thats all for now.

Thank you for any help,

Patrick "Big Show"

Old 04-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Default RE: 1986 Monte CL V6 "Fuel Injection"

Hello Patrick,

How long has it been since you have done a complete tune up? Replace wires/plugs/PVC and other filters? Next thing I would look at is the fuel system. It may be time for maintenance/replacement there as well.

There are a few engine additives that are suppose to help with oil blow by but I have not tried any of them.

I did a quick search but it may be a little difficult to find a chip for that year model.

TVW

Old 04-21-2005, 03:20 PM

Well i bought the car bout a month and a half ago, dealer said he had to change the plugs because it failed emmisions, other then that i have just changed the oil.

So ill go grab the tune up parts, tune her up and see how that goes. Any recommendations for plugs? Was going to get the Bosch +4's but i think they may just be a waste of money.

Where is the gas filter on this thing? I cant find it anywhere!

Old 04-21-2005, 03:30 PM

As far as plugs go, I have always used Autolites but seriously have not changed out plugs in a great while, my cars normally get traded in before I get the chance to perform major maintenance.

Your fuel filter will more than likely be located under the car in most cases on the driver side towards the rear of the car.

Old 04-21-2005, 11:46 PM

some throttle body injected vehicles have the fuel filters in the throttle body itself. I know all the carbed motors do.