Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Turbocharge

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Default Turbocharge

what do you all think about the little advertisement on the bottom of here that talk about putting the supercharge on the mc. i am in the process of putting an air intake system and some duals on my 04 ls but i also wanted to add a chip for extra hp as well and a supercharge.

Old 04-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Default RE: Turbocharge

I don't think chips can be added anymore. GM has been on the tech 2 system for a while. Its a reprogram by changing the pcm entirely or you yourself buy a programmer (about 700.00) and do it yourself. Not trying to be a know it all but the chips went out for GM around late 80,s early 90's is I am not mistaken. [sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=shutup.gif]yes I will now!

Old 04-06-2005, 11:49 AM

Actually, you can get programmed PCM chips.. Here are a couple of links to chips and programmers....

ZZP DHP

The ZZP DHP link is IMHO the future of custom programming your PCM = Powertrain Control Module. This program will allow you to custom program just about anything.

ZZP DHP Chip

The ZZP DHP Chip link is a pre programmed replacement for your factory chip.

Intense Racing PCM CHips

And of course Intense Racing PCM's..

TVW

Old 04-06-2005, 03:07 PM

I digress. I shall sticketh my footeth way up in my moutheth.[sm=shutup.gif][sm=guilty.gif]

Old 04-23-2005, 12:23 AM

todd i am not really an expert on programming and chips so ehat do yuo think is the better value as well as worth the money for what each chip is offering. do anyone know of any brands of chips that have been used in o4 mc's before and how they were. just trying to explore all of my options so that i iwll know everythign that there is to know in this area before i make my purchase.

Old 04-23-2005, 12:54 PM

IMHO......

Go for the programmer. I just purchased the Hypertech Power Programmer III and I have been very pleased so far.

I would highly suggest looking at the DHP software though. I plan on getting the DHP later this summer.

But with the Hypertech unit I was able to upload a program to maximize air/fuel ratios, changed my speed and RMP limiter and adjusted trans shift firmness and shift points.

A pre programmed chip is nice, but if you don't like one setting on the chip you have no way of modifying it unless you send it back to have it customized. Plus, if you take it to the dealer you have a very good chance your PCM will get re-flashed to factory specs.

TVW

Old 04-23-2005, 12:57 PM

Sorry, missed one of the questions.

I would go with the Intense chip if I were to go down the chip road. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

TVW

Old 04-23-2005, 08:31 PM

todd what is the price range on that ship that you bought. i really dont know how to change shift points adn all of those neats things i just want all out extra horses

Old 04-23-2005, 11:01 PM

Hypertech Link

This link above says it all.

But it was $316 shipped. The place I purchased it from was the lowest cost... All the rest were $100 more..

The system will walk you through the programming. It's very simple, trust me, if I can do it anyone can do it..

TVW

Old 04-24-2005, 04:58 PM

okay then since it walks you through everything i guess that i would be a sinch to pull off thanks once again for yoru expertise in the time of need.