Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

00 ss top swap to a gen v

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 10:29 AM
Default 00 ss top swap to a gen v

Newb here. Had her for a week and am looking at a top a swap but want to do a gen v. What will I need other than the l32lim and sc and tb adapter? I'm wanting a turbo but I think I can live with this for the cost diff. Yes I plan on tranny up grade first.is it the exact same steps as a normal l67 top swap or do I just need to look for a gen v donor from the start? With stock internals and intercooler. Cai and down pipe upgrade how much hp could I expect? I have never 'tuned' but am pretty good on non computer stuff like the normal sbc. I'd like to stomp thr v6 camaros and such at least. Or do I just need to suck it up and go the zz7 turbo route?

Old 06-30-2014, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by cahoona
Newb here. Had her for a week and am looking at a top a swap but want to do a gen v. What will I need other than the l32lim and sc and tb adapter?
you will need l67 injectors or aftermarket, and i would upgrade your fuel pump as well (just my personal opinion).

I'm wanting a turbo but I think I can live with this for the cost diff. Yes I plan on tranny up grade first.
just upgrade the diff, no need to install the HD trans.

is it the exact same steps as a normal l67 top swap or do I just need to look for a gen v donor from the start?
pretty much, the only difference is the throttle body situation, which you have mentioned you would get the adapter.

With stock internals and intercooler. Cai and down pipe upgrade how much hp could I expect?
more than stock

sorry, i had to.

I have never 'tuned' but am pretty good on non computer stuff like the normal sbc. I'd like to stomp thr v6 camaros and such at least. Or do I just need to suck it up and go the zz7 turbo route?

you will HAVE TO TUNE the car, no other way. sure you can get a canned tune from a few places, but they will not be the best option for tuning.