Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Waxes

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Default Waxes

i recently bought the turtle wax ice polish. it did come to a shine. does anyone know how long it last. a plus was definately it went on easy and off easy. took me 20 minutes to do the whole car. another thing is it really worth clay baring the entire car or is it easyer to use a cleaner wax?
http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm262/minisz618/

Old 09-30-2008, 10:16 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Waxes

clay baring the car will take the wax off, it strips everything from the paint including wax, polish, contaminants from the road like little pieces of tar or osmething (honestly i don't know what they mean by "contaminants", but i understand like little particles of brake dust and crap), it gets all that off. what you're left with is the paint, which is now ready for wax. i've used Ice, and I see no difference between that and the $7 a can Meguiars stuff I usually use.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:42 AM

Hi `InSSanity,
You have a beautiful looking Monte Carlo 4-Sure.
Thanks for attaching your PhotoBucket Link
with some super pictures.
I dont know how long `Ice will last (Let us know with yours : ).
I like Eagle One products, but there are many good ones out there.
Thanks for being a active member.
At Eagle One, we strive to bring you the highest quality products while still making it easier than ever to keep your car looking good. ...
www.eagleone.com/pages/products/ - 43k - Similar pages

Old 10-01-2008, 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: inssanity21

i recently bought the turtle wax ice polish. it did come to a shine. does anyone know how long it last. a plus was definately it went on easy and off easy. took me 20 minutes to do the whole car. another thing is it really worth clay baring the entire car or is it easyer to use a cleaner wax?
http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm262/minisz618/
I recently clay barred my 06 LTZ - what a difference!!! Before I used the bar, I had used a cleaner wax, yet the finish still felt rough after I was done. Also started to notice the tiny rust looking specs from the brakes. Before I waxed the next time,I used theclay bar and it cleaned everything, left a smooth surface and removed all the brake contaminate spots. Wax went on and came off easier than ever before. Using the clay bar did not take all that much time...I think from the time I started using the bar to the time I was done waxing took just over 3 hours. Used the Mequires clay bar kit andZymoll wax - left the car looking like new.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:16 PM

IMO clay bar is the best thing that i have done for my car. it looked like a new car after i was done with the clay bar kit.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:29 PM

i think the clay bar is the best way for me to go. but i ran through a puddle today and washed the car. by the time i was done it had seemed if the trutle wax ice polish had come off with it even while useing the ice wash to. so i do not recomend it. the best wax i think i have used is meguires gold class past wax. it last and is easy apply only problem is it leaves wax dust all over the place.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:17 PM

The best wax that i have used that last the longesthands down is meguiars nxt generation tech wax 2.0.

I have used the Turtle wax ice paste, and liquid kind and they shine great but as you said they do not seem to last very long.

also if you have some water spots that you cant get off try using mothers cleaner wax it has saved me so many times.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:09 PM

in my time of working as a car detailer i jsut about only buffed, waxed, and did the interiors. i usually only use meguires and i have not seen any other waxes surpass it. the cleaner wax is definately good for removing water spots and other small contaminants. i was skeptical of the clay bar because what if something scratches it. especially me havein a black ss. a TRICK that i have learned is there is a meguires "wax" type of product thats number is "7" it is known to bring out the depth in darker colors such as black and blues. while it is still moist on the car put on a thick layer of a carnuba wax. it is really great looking.
p.s. i just got done clay baring. i put a coat of the "ice" and im going to leave it till tomarow when i will place a coat of "7" and a wax. i have high hopes for this.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:19 PM

I use liquid glass. When i got my SS i clay bar'ed it and then liquid glass'ed it.

Been using it a long time, love the stuff.

Quick Reply: Waxes