Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Waxes

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Default RE: Waxes

ORIGINAL: inssanity21

the pad is litterally about 3 inches. i have never scratced my car because i care, but my brother who was just using it put a nice scratch in hes not to bright.
in terms of length of protection, i have no idea. no matter what i wax 1 time a month with a polish in the middle.
I agree that the applicator is small, it's just a non-issue for me. If it were ever to become an issue I'd simply pop the wax out of the container and rub it on a polishing pad for my PC and apply it by machine.

I imagine your brother scratched his paint with something other than his fingernail, that doesn't even sound right.

You're hardcore with your polishing/waxing schedule, that's crazy! I polish and seal/wax every 6 months. In between, I use a QD after washing to maintain that "just waxed" appearance, while adding a little bit of protection in the process.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:01 PM

yeah i like it nice and protected. as for the scratch it was from his finger i was helping.
but being a detailer i fixed it.
it was decently fresh paint to. so that was a factor. my entire family has SS vehicles. with daily drivers to. we have the silverado ss, my monte SS, my brothers trail blazer SS, and then we got a suburban ltz that we supercharged and placed ss emblems on it were they would be if they made one. they are all custom painted except the silverado. my monte and the trailblazer are similar on the hood with the SS on them but no flames on the trailblazer. the suburban is crazy. the whole thing has a 1/4 * 1 " blue stripe all the way around, a cowl induction hood, and flames down the side. its a family affair!

i got plastered with some kind of rock mixture with some moist whit past on the way home today. wasnt as bad as i thought it would be but im going to have to clay bar, buff and polish the front end. luckily the chips are in the lower spoiler. i was pissed!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:57 PM

ORIGINAL: inssanity21

yeah i like it nice and protected. as for the scratch it was from his finger i was helping.
but being a detailer i fixed it.
it was decently fresh paint to. so that was a factor. my entire family has SS vehicles. with daily drivers to. we have the silverado ss, my monte SS, my brothers trail blazer SS, and then we got a suburban ltz that we supercharged and placed ss emblems on it were they would be if they made one. they are all custom painted except the silverado. my monte and the trailblazer are similar on the hood with the SS on them but no flames on the trailblazer. the suburban is crazy. the whole thing has a 1/4 * 1 " blue stripe all the way around, a cowl induction hood, and flames down the side. its a family affair!

i got plastered with some kind of rock mixture with some moist whit past on the way home today. wasnt as bad as i thought it would be but im going to have to clay bar, buff and polish the front end. luckily the chips are in the lower spoiler. i was pissed!
Damn, that's pretty ssick that you all have SS's. I love the Trailblazer SS, BTW. Good luck dealing with that stuff on the front end of your car man, I feel your pain.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:33 PM

i did fix it. it took a laquer wash and a quick polish and wax. the chips im mad at tho. i have only had one chip on the bumer (on the silver to) since i painted it. it was one that i saw bouncing from 3 lanes away.