Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Turtle Wax Black Box???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 06:50 PM

My fiance's dad tried the black box for black cars stuff. There's a lot of steps to it and we really couldn't tell a difference between it and regular wax. So I would just stick to what you're using now. Your car always looks good, I wouldn't change anything.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Default Detailing

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Well I use the NXT Gen Tech 2.0 Paste wax along with all of my other Meguiar's products lol I have an intense full detailing system that takes me hours upon hours. I just bought polish today so that's added to the detailing roster now. I was just wondering if it actually worked because with my monte usually being the one of the only (if not the only) daily driver in all of these car shows, I kinda need to make the monte as beautiful as possible ya know
Brittany, do you detail the engine bay too? Any detailing advice for someone just getting started (with my first Monte)? I'm worried about accidentally getting cleaner on something under the hood and causing major damage. Your expert advice is needed here in Glendale...Angie

Old 11-21-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by jcoeracing97
Brittany,
I use Mequiar's products exclusively on all my cars. I start with their Gold Class car wash solution followed by Paint Restorer system prior to waxing with Gold Class paste wax. I've also found that in between waxings (every three months) that if I use their Ultimate Detailer spray, it keeps the paint and wax fed with the oils needed for a great shine and superior protection.
The interior, wheels and tires also get the full Mequiar's treatment and I assure you, my SS looks "showroom" new! Hope this helps...
Is there a Meguiar's product I can use on the engine? I shined up the vinyl parts with Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer and they look great, but I'm not sure what's safe to wipe off the lower parts. I use the Detailer on the outside every morning (after I dry off the dew) and the car looks brand new.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by Possum
Brittany, do you detail the engine bay too? Any detailing advice for someone just getting started (with my first Monte)? I'm worried about accidentally getting cleaner on something under the hood and causing major damage. Your expert advice is needed here in Glendale...Angie
Oh course I detail my engine bay, I have to since I show the car. Here's a link that has the advice that I gave another member not that long ago with a couple pics of my engine bay (these were from a couple months ago so it doesn't have my STB in these pics). I'm like the 3rd one down & I wouldn't say that I have expert advice lol I wish I did

Old 11-21-2010, 07:43 PM

Oh course I detail my engine bay, I have to since I show the car. Here's a link that has the advice that I gave another member not that long ago with a couple pics of my engine bay (these were from a couple months ago so it doesn't have my STB in these pics). I'm like the 3rd one down & I wouldn't say that I have expert advice lol I wish I did
did you forget the link Brittany?

Old 11-21-2010, 09:27 PM

Yeahh bcuz I'm a retard lol
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=23934
There ya go =)

Old 11-22-2010, 06:07 AM

Yeahh bcuz I'm a retard lol
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=23934
There ya go =)

thanks.......i'll forgive ya.....this time....lol

Old 11-22-2010, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by 75Fire
thanks.......i'll forgive ya.....this time....lol
ha okay good, I appreciate it =)

Old 11-23-2010, 10:40 AM

I always use meguires on my car. love it i do the clay bar, 3 step wax in spring then the 2.0 wax the rest of the time, i have also used the interior cleaners but since im a detailer i find that when i actually do a full clean on my car that the meguires leaves it really gross like it just coated over everything in a black stick paste. anyone else have this problem, i stopped using it cuz it grossed me out a bit lol

Old 11-23-2010, 01:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

If you want some amazing waxes try Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 and you can also try Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax. They can be layered sealant then wax. They look great on any car color. But they look outstanding on black. The paint looks like its wet.

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Black Box???