Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Turtle Wax Black Box???

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i used the spray just put a little on a rag and away we go! alittle will go a long way! also works great thing such as wheel wells, black grills, plastic(non paint mirrors), and plastic body stuff

i didn't see the interiour/exterior part on the bottle... hell for 10 bucks y not go for it

Old 09-02-2010, 10:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Ohh gotcha. Well I'll prob put it like on a cottonball & do it that way since it's smaller then a towel. Sweet that's good to know! I'm running low on it now so I prob won't be able to use it on the wells this weekend but hopefully in the next week or so I'll be able to get more

Old 09-03-2010, 02:52 AM

ummm idk who quoted me from the other thread ... but yeah the black box is a gimmick ... sure it may look great for a few days or before you wash it ...

the last time i went to oreily's the guy was trying to sell me all bunches of different products when the only one i wanted was this -

when he got the black box and told me the car wash/ detailer down the street used ... and he did too ... i couldnt stop laughing in front of him

and as far as the black areas of your car ... i dont know what to use but avoid this - because it does not last at all ...

Old 09-19-2010, 08:15 PM

well i do like the blackbox but like everybody has said it is just a filler and it only lasts for a little while i think next time i'm gonna try to help it last a little longer by throwing some meguires gold class paste wax over it and see how that works, unless she gose to the body shop first

Old 09-22-2010, 03:52 PM

Hey! I picked up some of this stuff. It works pretty good and has a nice shine but it is not much different than the other stuff out there. Your better off getting rubbing compound and a pro polisher to remove any large swirls. One thing that I noticed with this wax was it left smear marks, so that can get aggravating. Also like Irulesoha said clear coat is clear and its swirl marks that are in the clear coat. it will work to hide them for a bit but it is too much money to pay for it. Also if you find a couple nice waxes out there, mix them! It works great!! Hope this helped!

Old 09-23-2010, 10:42 AM

Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0 is the best on my Blue Monte

Old 09-26-2010, 11:02 AM

Brittany,
I use Mequiar's products exclusively on all my cars. I start with their Gold Class car wash solution followed by Paint Restorer system prior to waxing with Gold Class paste wax. I've also found that in between waxings (every three months) that if I use their Ultimate Detailer spray, it keeps the paint and wax fed with the oils needed for a great shine and superior protection.
The interior, wheels and tires also get the full Mequiar's treatment and I assure you, my SS looks "showroom" new! Hope this helps...

Old 10-13-2010, 01:05 PM

I used the black box and it was pretty crazy looking, as it was colored wax it made my car look like I had a special paint job for about a week and a half, the sun would shine off the black and you'd see this really dark electric green color. I got plenty of looks after using it and it was pretty nice, but as others have said I wouldn't recommend it, it's good to cover imperfections for a period of time but offers no long term solution past a week.

Old 10-17-2010, 02:30 AM

i imagine this stuff looks killer for about a week, or until it gets rained on/ washed/ or drooled over enough to wash it off ...

but really, what convinced me other than common sense, trial and error in the past, and attempts with my own stuff ... was the sales dude at OReily's telling me that they sell the most of the black box kits to the car wash/ half assed detailer down the street

and since i know their "operation" to be nothing more than a wash rack, some cheap wax and some dudes with wet/dry vacs pretending to do interiors ... that told me the most ...

if you look close enough in this picture, you can see the haze/swirl marks left in my car from the last automatic car wash i put it through ... i hope to get them out this week when i detail it for the last time this year but i dont think ill be able to ...

EDIT - Sorry bout that, picasa wont link to High res images for some reason, or they cant be posted on the forum ... trust me to say they are there when you are within less than 2 feet ... i do like the reflection on the ground in this picture anyways

Old 10-17-2010, 07:47 AM

Hi Brittany,
Let us know what you decide to buy/use on your AweSome Monte...Also post your review of the product & how you liked it `ok...
"For the Love of your Monte Carlo"
Your pic's are always a + Plus : )

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Black Box???