Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

I'm so STUPID!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Default I'm so STUPID!

Please tell me someone else has done something this stupid and can help.

I finally pulled up a little to far to a curb and scrapped the bottom of my ground effects. When I bought the car there was already a spot on the bottom where the paint was gone to the black plastic. Yu can't see it unless you're down and looking for it.

Now I did it myself. It was ever so gentle, and I barely even knew I did it. I prayed it was the air damn, but no luck. It only got the back 8" where the piece gets lower to the ground. Whiel the area with where the paint is gone is 99.9% on the bottom and not able to be seen unless you look, there are also the long tan/brown scraps. granted, these can't be seen either, but when you do look under there they make it look that much worse.

Finally my question:

Done this, and how did you fix it? Have you had these tan scrapes on any car before (I had them on a red Grand Prix anfter spinning into a field and never got rid of them), and how did you get rid of them? Good old fashioned scrubbing? Cleaner wax?

I know that piece is not cheap (I only found it one place nline for $500), but anyone know where a person could get a replacement - cheap or not it's just good to know.

As always - thanks a ton!

Old 07-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Default RE: I'm so STUPID!

try a product called "gs27" its alwyas worked for me in removing my screwups lol

Old 07-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

so are they just surface marks or are they through the paint??

Old 07-20-2007, 05:14 PM

When we went on vacation recently I did that twice in one week! Both times I looked at the front of the car and could see absolutely no damagefrom a standing position. I still havent gotten down on the ground to see what I did to it...don't really dare to, and if it's not visible without being on my back or belly I'm not too concerned about it. I have an excuse though, I owned a truck before this car which sat higher, so I was used to pulling up to and OVER curbing.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:59 PM

well it is down to the black plastic in some spots. but then there are these brown marks, wich I haven't really examined it to see if they feel rough. Even if they do feel rough I'd think there would be some way to get the brown color out. May take some rubbing compund or something. However, you can't see it unless you get under the car; but just the thought of it makes me SICK!