Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

me = stupid

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 06:13 AM
Default me = stupid

well to start off i must say im a stupid driver. i beat quite a few imports and a couple of non import cars but ive had my share of losses. but nothing feels better than smashing rice. anyways. i was goin on the 60E to near riverside and i guess i felt like a racecar driver but i thought i could squeez between two semi's and speed ahead, well i guess i didnt have enough downforce or jus something, but i lost traction after the second point in the turn and and my rear end started to sway i was able to counter steer for a bit but then it jus lost all traction and i begun to spin,next thing you know im skidding backwards facing the semi i tried to pass. i knew then **** i could die. then i was thinking about putting it into neutral and trying some transporter or gt4 **** but i was like u ****ed up enough, so then i just kept on spinning and i ended up on the right shoulder, crazy ****. im lucky to be alive. but ya thats my story, all this happened yesterday by the way, and since then i obeyed all the speed limits, well of course if i see some rice who thinks hes the **** imma have to smoke his ***, but till then imma be a man of the umm i deno whatever fits here best.

Old 10-02-2005, 02:51 PM
Default RE: me = stupid

glad to see your alive . any damage doen to teh car?
I mean other then teh stains in the front seat now LOL

Anyway just keep your gead about you and rember this it was a good thing no one was hurt but you learned something out of it to.

Old 10-03-2005, 04:13 AM

I have to agree with your first sentence.

Do the world a favor and keep the exhibition of speed on the track. You think you felt ****ty when you found yourself in that predicament, imagine how you'd feel if you were racing someone and a life was lost in the process by way of a car pulling out in front of you, you losing control of your car, him losing control of his car, or the various other ways a tradgedy can accour when engaging in this type of thing. Too many lives are lost by this type of testosterone induced activity. Maybe after nj85z28 reads this thread, he'll realize that it's not just import tuners messing things up

Old 10-03-2005, 07:25 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS
. Maybe after nj85z28 reads this thread, he'll realize that it's not just import tuners messing things up
i must agree, because ive done some stupid stuff racing myself, and it definitly is not worth the risk on the street. too many variables. i remember one time racing and the road was a little slick, hitting a pot hole or something in the road and spinning my camaro around 2 or three times on the highway. luckily, no one was hurt but i have heard about and seen the aftermath of a street race gone bad. keep it on the track!

Old 10-03-2005, 11:09 PM

now that my glass house is shattered.............Back when I had my Civic, I had just slammed it 2" all the way around w/Tokico blues and H&R race springs and it was sitting on 17" rims w/40 series tires. I had to make a run to the post office at lunch, it was about 5 min from my job so no biggie. Well, on my way back to the office I decided I'd test my suspension and tires by flying through the "S" turn on my way back. What I didn't anticipate was a bump in the road that would momentarily lift my rear wheels off the ground causing me to do a 180 and slide up on to the sidewalk, curbing the hell out of my rims in the process and coming to rest about 2ft from a rod iron gate. Talk about stains in the seat.........I had just gotten it painted a few months earlier and all I could see was me crashing into that damn gate and messing it all up. The only damage was to my rims, which I got fixed shortly after, i'm just thankful nobody was on that sidewalk and there wasn't any traffic at the time. Needless to say, I drove back to the office at 5mph under the speed limit and obeyed all traffic laws.

Old 10-04-2005, 05:25 AM

yeah it will defently have you thinking about it afterwards.

Think the one thing i can remeber about racing the most is watching a verry good frend of my lose controll of HER (yes i said her) car she had a 72 nova SS. with a nice motor in it, any way she went out to line up. the flag droped and the inexperinced fool next to her in the hopes to win the race at abotu the 60 foot mark tried to steer twords her to scare her and get her to back out.

needless to say it was not a pretty sight afterwards. he ended up killing her and the car.
Afterwards all he could do was say she hit him. trying to keep about 500 pepole from killing him. up to this point we had over 4 years with nothign major happening there. It was a old flight line and was clean and straight and we walked it alot to make sure nothing was on the track.
We didnt have the varabels of someone pulling out on to it in front of us.

worse part is after i looked back at it we could see where she had tried to do anythign but hit him and in the film you see her pull real hard to her left knowing that is would mean she would have at the least wreck a nice car.

that have since then stoped it all togeather. if you see anyone there it is a solo run and then the times are matched up. so your racing a clock not a driver.
but still a shame to see this type of thing get ruined buy somethign like this but it is part of life, and no matter how safe you try to make it it will never be a "safe" sport. as far as the street racing gose.

So folks i guess in short Please be safe as you can and make sure you dont take out someone just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
We all play around and shouldnt and we know this but it happens. And at 18 with the sound of a v-8 and a light it is only one sec. away from the next accedent.

Old 10-04-2005, 11:18 PM

wow, that's a pretty sad story there Mickey.

I have calmed down, it's just not worth it. Kinda glad I don't have my Accord anymore cause I always got "pressured" into racing But then again, I miss that damn car, it was so nice, so unique, so me

Old 10-05-2005, 04:55 AM

yeah i have a few i miss and wished i could get back but as i have gotten older i now under stand why you hear your dad and others sitting around going yaknow i wished i had never sold that old camaro i had etc... My uncel to this day kicks him self he had the very first 67 SS/RS rag toped camaro in town. he had orderd it before it ever came out to the dealer. in i think it was like 75 he sold the car and wishes he never had now LOL I hear of it any time he sees another one on the road weather it is a rag top or not.

When i owned my 68 I could not keep him out of the car he was driving me nuts nit picking it apart on how it should have been and how it was . LOL I know now looking back it was him trying to reliuve his youth but to a kid of 21 it was me telling him to back off. Should have listend when i sold it and he told me i will miss it not to sell .