Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

how offen do you clean the bottom

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 05:53 AM

I never thought to do it! That is crazy how you went through the bottom of your car while driving! I have recently was working under my car and realized that is rather dirty. But I don't have to worry about salt and stuff. But I will definately look in the Rhino lining spray stuff. I never thought to protect under my car for rust and such.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:04 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i was just glad i didnt stomp the gas i let up off the gas then the seat went down. i was really lucky. but to be honest after that expecially when i liked te car i had a mind set on trying to be pro active as in it is ceaper to get the minor surface things off and take care of it. when i have it allready there checking things. but i know like every one if you cant do it then try to do the simple things like keep it clean till it can be taken care of. thats what i ended up on doing to my mustang gt silverado 77 and my monte. i did them a little at a time though with ryno liner to keep things new the longest i can so i can enjoy them. my philosophy is we have a short glimer of time why not try to be happy on what we have also like to drive.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Rust prevention is so important if you expect to keep your car for any length of time. I like others have degreased and removed rust from the undercarriage. Then applied the professional grade rubberized undercoating. You need to mask off components your not wanting to coat, I used aluminum foil from a dollar store to mask off exhaust, suspension etc. When it's all done, a nice looking and weather resistant underbelly....

Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM
15 Year Member

i did the same on what you did but i did not do the picks but degreasing yet is not a problem yet where the engine is. thank god but when ever i do the oil or trans fluid i also clean every thing before draining to make sure there is no leaks after every thing is put back to geather. but i also do clean every thing if i dont have to spend extra time at one spot i am glad. as in if there is a lot of grease if there is any

Old 11-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I get under the Deuce and scub her Belly about every other car wash and I wash her every week-end in the summer. In the winter she is tucked in bed on jackstands

Old 11-09-2012, 12:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Originally Posted by monte07
yes i went there i normally wash my car every two weeks to make sure nothing will happen plus i park next to a tree. hat am saying once mbe every two monthe i jack one side clean and look around the bottom of my monty. i had a bad experence with a caprice the frame and florr rotted and i fell threw whan tarted to drive from a light. glad i didnt get hurt badly threw it in park when i hit the ground all in a single mtion. what i am saying is do you clean your bottom of the monte's for a preventitive measure. i know we all live in different areas. i use to live in ournations capital. it is notorius on alt and road chemicals sed for winter eating the bottom away fast. i was the top and bottom and check very thing to see if i need to fix any thing. my therry fixit when it is not a problem befor it becomes a mjor one.

All the car washes in L.A. spray water and soap on the under carriage.