Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   how offen do you clean the bottom (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/how-offen-do-you-clean-bottom-39737/)

monte07 10-30-2012 02:47 PM

how offen do you clean the bottom

yes i went there i normally wash my car every two weeks to make sure nothing will happen plus i park next to a tree. hat am saying once mbe every two monthe i jack one side clean and look around the bottom of my monty. i had a bad experence with a caprice the frame and florr rotted and i fell threw whan tarted to drive from a light. glad i didnt get hurt badly threw it in park when i hit the ground all in a single mtion. what i am saying is do you clean your bottom of the monte's for a preventitive measure. i know we all live in different areas. i use to live in ournations capital. it is notorius on alt and road chemicals sed for winter eating the bottom away fast. i was the top and bottom and check very thing to see if i need to fix any thing. my therry fixit when it is not a problem befor it becomes a mjor one.

DE02Carlo 10-30-2012 05:03 PM

Most of the drive through car washes have an undercarriage wash available. You can also go into the do it yourself one and spray it down underneath after driving through salt.

I do that to my daily drive now and then in the winter.

03JGMonte 10-30-2012 06:43 PM

Mine is rino lined so i just wash it by hand once a year the rest is done in a car wash

Jparks 10-30-2012 06:48 PM

I've had my underside coated when I purchased the car but now that I got my new exhaust I worry a bit about the underside. Does anyone have any special suggestion that you can share with everyone?

lougreen03 10-30-2012 07:53 PM

I do mine good in the spring, I scrub it with a bucket and a brush and then I just hose it off a few other times through the year.

Jparks 10-30-2012 08:16 PM

I don't want to Hijack the thread but any suggestions how to deal with rust?

STUMPMI 10-30-2012 08:17 PM

I clean my bottom everytime i shower!:rotfl:

I also have a killer carwash that I use during the winter to clean the salt and crap off of it!

As a matter of fact..Recently I took my Monte to get the oil changed. (as i do every 3 months or every 3000 miles) I know mike whos the owner as well (he was in the pit) he asked have i had the under neath recently cleaned...And I said no its always like that...Then he said everything underneath looks like brand new!...

I guess I got the "bottom" covered! I also had it sound proofed from the factory...So, I guess its workn! lol

AwesomeSS 10-30-2012 09:31 PM

I go to a self serve car wash and blast the underneath of my DD to get the salt off. I clean the underneath of the Monte once a year because I don't drive it in the rain and if I do get caught in the rain I'm cleaning under there ASAP!

red04montels 10-30-2012 10:22 PM

I usually go to the self serve, one that is touch-free.

I'm in the process of undercoating my car also, all rust will be ground down to bare metal and coated/converted :thumbsup:

monte07 10-31-2012 04:06 AM

if it is light rust sad and prime it for rust prventitive. i ended up doing a section of my monte with rino lining. i cleaned and primed and covered with rino for that poticular section. the rest i left alone due to it still looked good.