Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Engine bay... FINAL.Touch, Custom Fuse cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

it all looks great man! if it were me I would pull off the American flag it looks out of place. I would also paint the cooland overflow and washer fluid filler neck black (I painted my coolant overflow and washer filler neck black and it makes the engine bay look awesome)

Old 06-27-2013, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
With no other carbon fiber underhood it looks out of place. Maybe paint the spider black (black widow) to help blend it in?

Edit: And paint the oil filler tube!
Thanks for the reply.... Now that you mention it, you are correct.... I have to redo the fuse panel, as for the oil fill tube, since the pic was taken, the top cap is now has the "Mobil one" tag on it. Ian's well as the tube painted, ill post a pic later today... Thanks again for the great idea and feedback....mjclemm...

Old 06-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

Is the intake manifold painted too or the valve cover? Also curious on how u got that nice glossy shine

Old 06-28-2013, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by owens91
Is the intake manifold painted too or the valve cover? Also curious on how u got that nice glossy shine
Hello, No the intake isnt painted.... YET..... I love the look of the cover, so thats why i painted that first.... as for the gloss....... takes a couple steps to get there... first, CLEAN all the parts.... If its gonna be just metal, not primered, afer you clean it, POLISH it with a compound for what ever kind of metal your going to polish (bar polish) then spray it with the Over coat layer, (red metalic in my case) then, I sanded with a 1000 grit wet paper, then clear coated the parts with 3 coats of clear.... then Polish the part with a nice low grit compound, wipe to a polish..... im sure there is an easier way, its just the way I did it... I am redoing my Altanator, Ill take pictures of the steps I do if youd like..... thanks...MJC... ( also redoing the fuse cover and Side fender braces) Mjclemm....

Old 02-17-2014, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by MJClemm
Hello, No the intake isnt painted.... YET..... I love the look of the cover, so thats why i painted that first.... as for the gloss....... takes a couple steps to get there... first, CLEAN all the parts.... If its gonna be just metal, not primered, afer you clean it, POLISH it with a compound for what ever kind of metal your going to polish (bar polish) then spray it with the Over coat layer, (red metalic in my case) then, I sanded with a 1000 grit wet paper, then clear coated the parts with 3 coats of clear.... then Polish the part with a nice low grit compound, wipe to a polish..... im sure there is an easier way, its just the way I did it... I am redoing my Altanator, Ill take pictures of the steps I do if youd like..... thanks...MJC... ( also redoing the fuse cover and Side fender braces) Mjclemm....
Funny! You started out on 6/23 with "well, I think my engine bay is now complete". Just a few days (and many critiques) later, you still have a bunch more work to do. I think it looks great the way it is!!

Old 02-17-2014, 07:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Looks Nice..

Here's a pic of mine...

Old 02-17-2014, 09:36 PM

That is very sharp.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Slayer11242
Funny! You started out on 6/23 with "well, I think my engine bay is now complete". Just a few days (and many critiques) later, you still have a bunch more work to do. I think it looks great the way it is!!
agree... sometimes ya just cant leave good enough alone...lol... when you start to type something, you end up with more ideas while you describe what you have done , or already compleated... so, a lil bit of a contradiction.,,,lol... thanks as wel.... mmjclemm.,,

Old 02-18-2014, 08:39 AM

I think what you have looks great! It's your car. It's okay to take suggestions from others. You might agree with what they suggest but I wouldn't let others influence what you want to do with your car. If you like the color of the black widow, leave it alone. Like the American Flag where it is? Leave it. In the end, you have to be happy with your car.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

where could i find a fuse box cover? junkyard? nah too cold for that lol

Quick Reply: Engine bay... FINAL.Touch, Custom Fuse cover