Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Engine bay... FINAL.Touch, Custom Fuse cover

  #1  
Old 06-23-2013, 02:11 PM
MJClemm's Avatar
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Milwaukee Wisconsin
Posts: 1,192
Default Engine bay... FINAL.Touch, Custom Fuse cover

I believe my engine is now complete, made a custom fuse panel (under the hood) and believe it is now DONE.... What do you think ?, just be honest, if it looks gaudy, or Great... Just let me know.... Thanks again guys... Mjclemm
 
Attached Thumbnails Engine bay... FINAL.Touch, Custom Fuse cover-image.jpg  
  #2  
Old 06-23-2013, 02:23 PM
STUMPMI's Avatar

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Taylor Michigan
Posts: 9,944
Default

Looks good!

Your black widow fuse box cover is nice...But,
Arent Black Widows...Black?
 
  #3  
Old 06-23-2013, 03:41 PM
AwesomeSS's Avatar
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wauconda, IL
Posts: 13,335
Default

Turned out great!
 
  #4  
Old 06-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 836
Default

I love the color because it's unlike any other. The black widow is stunning. I was hoping you would paint the side strut tower braces the same red. I don't really like the American flags because they don't seem to match too well. (Don't get me wrong, I love America haha ) Do the "No Fear" decals have any significance, or are they just for looks? Still really clean though!

Btw, how did you paint the alternator?
 
  #5  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:42 PM
MJClemm's Avatar
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Milwaukee Wisconsin
Posts: 1,192
Default

Originally Posted by STUMPMI View Post
Looks good!

Your black widow fuse box cover is nice...But,
Arent Black Widows...Black?
Yes, with a red hour glass on THIER underside, BUT, the color of this spider looks better than a black one, that's why I went with it.. Great observation though...lol... Keen eye.....
 
  #6  
Old 06-24-2013, 06:51 PM
MJClemm's Avatar
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Milwaukee Wisconsin
Posts: 1,192
Default

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon View Post
I love the color because it's unlike any other. The black widow is stunning. I was hoping you would paint the side strut tower braces the same red. I don't really like the American flags because they don't seem to match too well. (Don't get me wrong, I love America haha ) Do the "No Fear" decals have any significance, or are they just for looks? Still really clean though!

Btw, how did you paint the alternator?
Thanks... The Alternator was a pain... I took the casting and wrapped tape around the winding only, then prepped it, painted it aluminum silver, buffed it a bit, then the Red candy.. After that, clear coat.....
The "No fear" decals came with my Taz decals, but didn't like the way they looked with the "No fear" on top of Taz (the Taz's are on the lower panel right in front of the rear tires) the Side strut braces WILL be the same red, just didn't have them done when I took the pics, ill have to take more pics and post them .. (Some of the strut braces are still silver, where it says "No fear" along with the flags, the rest is Candy Red) as for the American Flags... Well.... ... Just seemed right....lol.. Thanks again.... Mjclemm
 
  #7  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 836
Default

Originally Posted by MJClemm View Post
Thanks... The Alternator was a pain... I took the casting and wrapped tape around the winding only, then prepped it, painted it aluminum silver, buffed it a bit, then the Red candy.. After that, clear coat.....
The "No fear" decals came with my Taz decals, but didn't like the way they looked with the "No fear" on top of Taz (the Taz's are on the lower panel right in front of the rear tires) the Side strut braces WILL be the same red, just didn't have them done when I took the pics, ill have to take more pics and post them .. (Some of the strut braces are still silver, where it says "No fear" along with the flags, the rest is Candy Red) as for the American Flags... Well.... ... Just seemed right....lol.. Thanks again.... Mjclemm
My friend, you have one sweet ride now.
 
  #8  
Old 06-26-2013, 10:12 PM
MJClemm's Avatar
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Milwaukee Wisconsin
Posts: 1,192
Default

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon View Post
My friend, you have one sweet ride now.
I thank you....
 
  #9  
Old 06-26-2013, 10:27 PM
lougreen03's Avatar

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: michigan
Posts: 8,442
Default

looks great. what did you use to make it
 
  #10  
Old 06-27-2013, 07:25 AM
03SSLE's Avatar
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,074
Default

Originally Posted by MJClemm View Post
...just be honest, if it looks gaudy, or Great... Just let me know.... Thanks again guys... Mjclemm
With no other carbon fiber underhood it looks out of place. Maybe paint the spider black (black widow) to help blend it in?

Edit: And paint the oil filler tube!
 

Last edited by 03SSLE; 06-27-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine bay... FINAL.Touch, Custom Fuse cover


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.