Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Clear Bras- front end protection.... opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Default Clear Bras- front end protection.... opinions?

I get one more bonus check in a couple weeks and was looking into this idea. Local shop deals with European cars and does some wicked detailing as well. They have a clear (vinyl?) covering they put on the front end, goes back a couple feet on the hood, covers the lower front end, around the fog lights area, etc. I had a couple little nicks down in the front. They fix it up, detail it, then cover it.The clear bra material will keep small rocks from actually chipping the paint away... it seems like a pretty good idea. The detail guy showed me a Porsche with it on- you couldn't really see it at all, it's that clear and thin. You can wash it, wax it (non-abrasives), etc., once it's on.
I know it's gonna be costly, but I'm thinking about doing it. I've seen some 3-M stuff like this... anybody have any experience with it from a buyer's point of view? Just trying to get some pros/cons b4 I decide....
Thanks!

Old 05-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Default RE: Clear Bras- front end protection.... opinions?

[align=center]Hi Patrick,- Kelt -[/align][align=center]Below are a few sites that have a lot of information, reviews and galleries:[/align][align=center]I know here in Florida, we have a "Love Bug Season" & they can[/align][align=center]coat your whole front end with black little bugs.[/align][align=center]Please post what you decide.[/align][align=center]_________________________________________________[/align][align=center][:-]
[/align][align=center]Protect the beauty and integrity of your vehicles paint finish with the latest 3M ScotchGard film. Our paint protection kits are computer cut to fit your car like a glove. The clear film will protect your vehicle from bugs, dirt, scratches and nicks, road salt, sand and small road debris. 3M ScotchGard film includes a 5 year warranty by 3M.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click below for site [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.invisiblemask.com/site.html[/align][align=center]0r check out[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.invisiblepatterns.com/[/align][align=center]

[/align]

Old 05-03-2007, 02:34 PM

that looks terrible!

Old 05-03-2007, 10:31 PM

I had my 06 done. It shows the true beauty of the car without hiding it behind a bra. Its not cheap but well worth the investment in the long run.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

those clear sticker kind of things that go on the front of cars look great for a little while...but when you get a stone hit it or weather hits in like up here in about 1 year they dont look so good...if your planning on parking the car for the winter or you live in the south where there's no snow then thats great, they're ok...until you get a stone hit it...
i think these things have their good sides and their bads