Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Black turtle wax

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 06:33 PM

If they release a black wax to cover my scratches I will try it. My scratches hit primer so only a new paintjob will fix it me and mike tried to work them out and it will not happen. best I can do is cover it up. And when I use black box it literally makes them disappear. There is NO WAY besides paint to fix it so best I can do is cover it up. After the hurricane passes I will strip my car of wax take pics bare then wax it up. You will see why I praise this stuff.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
If they release a black wax to cover my scratches I will try it. My scratches hit primer so only a new paintjob will fix it me and mike tried to work them out and it will not happen. best I can do is cover it up. And when I use black box it literally makes them disappear. There is NO WAY besides paint to fix it so best I can do is cover it up. After the hurricane passes I will strip my car of wax take pics bare then wax it up. You will see why I praise this stuff.
I'm glad you found a product that you like to use and works for your needs. My personal preference is against hiding the imperfections, but I was fortunate enough to get my Monte in pretty good condition and was able to remove most swirls and scratches with a busy weekend of polishing.

I was just hating on ya cause of your original comment "took every scratch and swirl mark out of my paint." Clearly a wax can't remove paint defects so I just didn't want you spreading the wrong message. Removing those things can only be done with a cut and polish.

But in your case, if hiding them is the only solution, so be it

I'd love to see before and after pictures if it's possible. I recall using it on my explorer and didn't last long, just dyed everything it came in contact with black like some sort of shoe polish. Wasn't for me

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 08-31-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
My personal preference is against hiding the imperfections.
If you feel that way , What do you think of used car dealers ..

Old 08-31-2012, 09:23 PM

3 Year Member

Originally Posted by zjerry
If you feel that way , What do you think of used car dealers ..
Not sure what you mean? Pretty obvious that a used car dealer is going to do the same thing as the original poster. Hide the imperfections. Therefore it would be obvious that I would feel the same for a used car dealer wouldn't it? Despite being 20 years old, I've managed to stay away from them thus far. Plan to keep it that way as long as possible.

When it really comes down to it, unless Mr. Grizzly Mint got a hell of a deal on his intimidator, I wouldn't have bought it seeing that it needs new paint.

Discussion at hand was about the product though, not used car dealers

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 08-31-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Not sure what you mean? Pretty obvious that a used car dealer is going to do the same thing as the original poster. Hide the imperfections. Therefore it would be obvious that I would feel the same for a used car dealer wouldn't it? Despite being 20 years old, I've managed to stay away from them thus far. Plan to keep it that way as long as possible.Discussion at hand was about the product though, not used car dealers
I was just wondering what you thought about used car dealer's because most of them hide imperfections..

Old 08-31-2012, 10:09 PM

3 Year Member

Originally Posted by zjerry
I was just wondering what you thought about used car dealer's because most of them hide imperfections..
All I can say is I feel the same about them as I do about the Turtle Wax Black Box kit

Not a fan of either.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:44 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

His car got the scratches after he bought it from ppl door dinging it & hitting it with karts

Old 08-31-2012, 10:55 PM

3 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
His car got the scratches after he bought it from ppl door dinging it & hitting it with karts
Oh I see.. That's unfortunate but it happens sooner or later when you actually drive the vehicle often.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:26 PM

I bought it mint not a single scratch had swirl marks tho. There wasnt any dings or rock chips 68k miles. I work at a grocier store park far away and people are still idiots. Didnt dye anything black when I used it and even went over the intimidator badges by accident. I also hand buff it with polishing cloths swirls disapeared and scratches were covered up. Couldnt even see the 2 foot scratch going down the side even when you get close. Camera doesnt look that far away so I cant see who did it just watched them run the cart down the side of my car because they parked to close and didnt want to scratch theirs.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:41 PM

When I park my car at work (i work retail) I always park really far away from anything and everthing and make sure I can see my car the entire time. That way if some jerk carelessly hits my car with a cart, I can confront them.

Quick Reply: Black turtle wax