Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   Black turtle wax (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/black-turtle-wax-38554/)

Mr Grizzly Mint 08-27-2012 11:10 AM

Black turtle wax

I just used Black turtle wax for the first time at Mike's suggestion. It works fantastic. It took me 3 hours to wash and wax my car but the final result was amazing. Used the spray kind rubbed it in and wiped it off with polishing cloths. Took every scratch and swirl mark out of my paint. Even the giant 2 foot scratch on my quarter was almost completely gone. Looked like my car just came from the factory or better.

zjerry 08-27-2012 11:13 AM

What No Pic's ???

ChibiBlackSheep 08-27-2012 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint (Post 490221)
Took every scratch and swirl mark out of my paint. Even the giant 2 foot scratch on my quarter was almost completely gone. Looked like my car just came from the factory or better.

It just dyed those scratches. In about a week or so they will start to return or look weird.

01 Monte SS 08-27-2012 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint (Post 490221)
Took every scratch and swirl mark out of my paint. Even the giant 2 foot scratch on my quarter was almost completely gone. Looked like my car just came from the factory or better.

Not to hate on you but there's no way this statement is true!! :rotfl:

The black box kit is not at all intended for "paint correction." Instead what you have is a "glaze with FILLERS." It's designed to "hide" the scratches and swirls.

For real paint correction you need a DA and proper compounds.

Again I'm not totally trying to bash you but its better to give the truth than act as if a $20 spray on bottle can do paint correction lol...

I personally wouldn't use it on my car. I used it back when I was young and uniformed on my 98 explorer. Scratches were back in a matter of weeks once I had washed it a few times and the black box product wore off. Maybe it's changed idk, only time will tell for you, but I'd really recommend a real paint correction for best results. :thumbsup:

01 Monte SS 08-27-2012 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 490223)
It just dyed those scratches. In about a week or so they will start to return or look weird.

X2, great minds must think alike :)

Budsjlm 08-27-2012 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 490223)

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS (Post 490226)
Not to hate on you but there's no way this statement is true!! :rotfl:

The black box kit is not at all intended for "paint correction." Instead what you have is a "glaze with FILLERS." It's designed to "hide" the scratches and swirls.

For real paint correction you need a DA and proper compounds.

Again I'm not totally trying to bash you but its better to give the truth than act as if a $20 spray on bottle can do paint correction lol...

I personally wouldn't use it on my car. I used it back when I was young and uniformed on my 98 explorer. Scratches were back in a matter of weeks once I had washed it a few times and the black box product wore off. Maybe it's changed idk, only time will tell for you, but I'd really recommend a real paint correction for best results. :thumbsup:

Well covered by mike and Justin,

It's just like a woman's cover up, once it washes off you what you really have there

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS (Post 490227)
X2, great minds must think alike :)

Make that x3

Mr Grizzly Mint 08-27-2012 02:36 PM

Well i know its not a permanent fix but for a show this works awesome. Rained on it 2 times and washed it and it has not worn off. At worse this will be a once every two week job that makes my car look so sweet. And befor a show noone will be able to tell its just wax not perfect paint.

ChibiBlackSheep 08-27-2012 02:39 PM

It's just so messy and a lot of work, when a proper compounding should take all of that out and then just proper care will keep it that way.

Agreed the black detailer spray is decent for a quick car-show touch up, but to fully wax it all the time just to dye the scratches? Not effective.

03JGMonte 08-27-2012 02:55 PM

Hes got a few deep scratches that need almost a repaint so the wax is the best option so far :thumbsup:

DeanMachine 08-27-2012 06:52 PM

Idk, I just used the Turtle Wax Black Box last week for the first time, and so far so good - it looks fantastic. At best, you're covering up (yes I know, not fixing for real) some scratches and marks, and at worst, well you're washing and waxing your car. I don't really see the problem with it if you have the time. Wax is wax, black or white. Whether or not you want the temporary dye/fix is up to you.

In the long run though, you're certainly better off using materials that will actually fix the problem instead of covering it up, but idk why you guys hate so much on people who use the Black Box - like I said, wax is wax - the dye is just added effect for people who want instant satisfaction.

I bought a Black Box, and will use it until it runs out. Then, I may look into some paint correction stuff/fixing solutions, but until then, I'm happy just like the OP.