Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Am I not doing something right??

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 07:01 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I use Surf City Garage Beyond Black Tire Pro and it's not a sticky gel. It won't sling off. It gives the tires a nice "new" sheen. It's not the shiny stuff (that's not my taste).

Old 05-26-2012, 09:03 AM

I use Adam's Super VRT, it doesn't sling off. Goes on easy and lasts.

Make sure the tires are cool and clean for best results.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I'm going to assume you might be using it on a hot tire, the tire has build up on it, you are applying too much, or you just aren't letting it sit long enough.

If you see any browning on your tire, that is excess junk from tire shines. Get a stiff brush and clean your tires like crazy.

And you use very little tire shine. I let mine sit almost 24 hours.
+1

If you put on that much stuff and never really cleaned it with a stiff nylon brush it is NOT going to stick. I've always used dish soap and a brush to clean and never had a problem. You can get them so clean that even trying to scrape it with your fingernail no gunk will cling.

Meguires Hot Tire Shine Foam is what I use now.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I use Black Magic's "Bleche-Wite" tire cleaner, it works magic cleaning my tires
after the tires are dry i spray them down with Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire Coating, i also wipe down whatever extra residue is left with a rag
Leaves my tires looking brand new and not SHINY, which i hate :p

Old 05-30-2012, 12:26 AM

I use the arrmorall gel with applicator and let it sit for a day.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

So, I decided to test out this whole "slinging" thing.

Applied Endurance, (the purple gel like stuff) just before driving to Wisconsin yesterday. I legitimately applied the tire shine, got in the vehicle, and drove four hours here. I was considering making a video because I'm sure some of you won't believe me, BUT I stopped at a truck stop after about two hours to find absolutely no tire shine/gel/gunk on the body????

LOL. I'm not sure how much of this stuff you guys glob on the tire but I applied just enough to cover all of the exterior wall of tire with a foam applicator and had none on the body. The tire was a little dirty, and fairly warm? But there was none on the body so

Old 06-02-2012, 03:44 PM

black magic titanium tire wet gel lasts too weeks no sling if you dont go overboard

Old 06-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
...Applied Endurance, (the purple gel like stuff) just before driving to Wisconsin yesterday. I legitimately applied the tire shine, got in the vehicle, and drove four hours here...I stopped at a truck stop after about two hours to find absolutely no tire shine/gel/gunk on the body????
There's nothing to be confused about. I do the same thing...apply just enough with a foam applicator to coat the wheel and go. I never have to wait or wipe any excess off, and I never have any problem with 'sling'. The Endurance gel is the best I've tried so far.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:42 PM

I just bought used and love arrmorall extreme tire shine with applicator. been one week still shiny tires

Old 06-02-2012, 09:45 PM
3 Year Member

I spray it on the foam applicator n cover the whole tire let it sit and then wipe it down and my silver car has sling all over it I just ordered some surf city hopefully that pleases me if not I give up cause I swear every tire shine slings lol

Quick Reply: Am I not doing something right??