Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/)
-   -   Am I not doing something right?? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/detailing-10/am-i-not-doing-something-right-36621/)

LTZEddy 05-24-2012 09:51 PM

Am I not doing something right??

Ok so I've tried every tire shine you could buy at autozone and no matter what I do it still slings some on the side of my car I let it sit after using a tire swipe applicator to put it on for about 2-3 hours then take a rag and wipe every tire down and of course I lose my shine but it still looks black and new but it still slings! Is there anything I'm missing here?!?! I've used meguiars hot shine and endurance tire spray eagle one spray gel and wet tire shine turtle wax platinum high gloss shine with wax black magic titanium tire wet gel and aerosol spray somebody please help before I go nuts lol

03JGMonte 05-24-2012 09:57 PM

They all seem to sling, i just use quick interior detailer on mine everyday makes em look new but not overly glossy

01 Monte SS 05-24-2012 10:02 PM

I've always used Endurance. I prefer the kind that you apply with an applicator. Never had any on the body. Just put endurance on last night, let car sit. Drove a few times today and even quick detailed tonight and there was no tire shine on the body anywhere and tires still have a wet look. My experience has shown that it's best to let the car sit for some time before driving or it will just go onto body.

zjerry 05-24-2012 10:09 PM

I use meguiars endurance , Just wipe it with a cloth and drive down the street slow an turn around then rewipe , I had no problems..

lougreen03 05-24-2012 10:18 PM

I use the black magic or the spray foam in the can. Both make the tire look good but nothing I have used make them shine. I think some tire compounds just dont have a glossy look. Anyone else ever have this.

brendan127 05-25-2012 12:45 AM

Armor all extreme shine is good stuff in the foaming can.. Doesn't get anything on the body but it will turn ur wheels black but then it will just wipe off. Don't use the turtle wax tire shines, I don't think they help, they definitely don't last, and they sling.

The_Maniac 05-25-2012 06:17 AM

I've used Meguiars Hot Shine (not the foaming stuff). I've been 100% happy with it. A nice light coating/spray and I give it about 10 minutes (enough time to clean up my car wash stuff) and it's good to go. My only issue is it leaves residue on the driveway for weeks lol

But it does not take a lot to give a great shine and I've never had problems with it.

03SSLE 05-25-2012 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS (Post 461268)
I've always used Endurance. I prefer the kind that you apply with an applicator. Never had any on the body.

Originally Posted by zjerry (Post 461271)
I use meguiars endurance.

X3
I've never had a problem with sling using Endurance gel. I use it sparingly...just enough to make the tire look wet. That way there's no excess to wipe off. The shine on my tires in my sig pic is Endurance that was applied almost a week before the pic was taken. :thumbsup:

ChibiBlackSheep 05-25-2012 08:01 AM

I'm going to assume you might be using it on a hot tire, the tire has build up on it, you are applying too much, or you just aren't letting it sit long enough.

If you see any browning on your tire, that is excess junk from tire shines. Get a stiff brush and clean your tires like crazy.

And you use very little tire shine. I let mine sit almost 24 hours.

Habbibie 05-25-2012 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS (Post 461268)
I've always used Endurance. I prefer the kind that you apply with an applicator. Never had any on the body. Just put endurance on last night, let car sit. Drove a few times today and even quick detailed tonight and there was no tire shine on the body anywhere and tires still have a wet look. My experience has shown that it's best to let the car sit for some time before driving or it will just go onto body.

^^^^^^That^^^^^

+1 on the Endurance with applicator pads