Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

whoop a Z28

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Smus
Nope, I dont know his car. I tried searching his posts, but to no avail. Hencefoth the response.

Good kill OP, but try that with an LS1 with some cash into it and it would be a different story.
i think he's talking about me.

here's some responds i got on clubgp.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1

Old 09-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

i believe you.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
oh wow so you call me BS? here we go another 3.4 LS monte owner that need to get his head out of his @ss. this z28 that i beat is probably stock and just about anybody with L67 that is with less mods than mine can probably run with most V8. i'm going to post your statement on clubgp, since most of the club members there are modded L67. after i get all their opinions i will post it here. no offend buddy just because the only cars you can killed are the 4 bangers it's not neccessary that you call me a bullsh*tter. i dyno at 305 at the wheel BEFORE i went INTERCOOL. with the intercooler it's suppose to give you 30 plus more HP depending on your setup. to give you little idea what i have in my monte:

xp cam
ported heads
stage 2 intercooler
ported m90
2.8 pulley
shift kit
headers
N* tb
42 injectors
custom tune
thanks for downplaying all of us on here with 3.4 ls montes!! i once had a 82 cutless with more cubes than you have hp and i had more hp than i had cubes. doesnt mean i held my head higher when talking with someone with a stock cutless or monte. also, before you tell me to get my head outta my @$$,ive owned 2 cars before with the 3.8, yes the are guick, but give me a true v8 with just some mods, i think you know the answer. im not saying you didnt beat the z ,but i havent been on here for to long but this is the 2nd time ive seen us with 3.4 looked down apon. i dont think this is the point of this forum.

Last edited by jim fischer; 09-15-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Why is there fighting on this thread?

He obviously didn't read the whole post down to where you mentioned you were 2.8 intercooled, and I even told him that your car was awesome. No need to start a fight. He was un-educated on your car, I gave him a quick run-down and he apologized.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:14 PM

thanks for downplaying all of us on here with 3.4 ls montes!! i once had a 82 cutless with more cubes than you have hp and i had more hp than i had cubes. doesnt mean i held my head higher when talking with someone with a stock cutless or monte. also, before you tell me to get my head outta my @$$,ive owned 2 cars before with the 3.8, yes the are guick, but give me a true v8 with just some mods, i think you know the answer. im not saying you didnt beat the z ,but i havent been on here for to long but this is the 2nd time ive seen us with 3.4 looked down apon. i dont think this is the point of this forum.
Hey if you like your 3.4L Monte Carlo, that's awesome. Let's be realistic, though- there is a HUGE difference between a bolt-on L67 Monte Carlo and a stock 3.4L Monte Carlo. I don't think he was looking down on anyone, just pointing out that folks who may be used to the performance of their 3.4L cars might not understand the capability of the L67.

but give me a true v8 with just some mods, i think you know the answer
There are plenty of "true V8s" that still pretty much suck with "just some mods", but that's neither here nor there. Lots of platforms have "go fast potential" and anything can be made "fast" with the right amount of money and dedication.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by jim fischer
this is getting too funny now it's another flashblack from the 10 worthless pages of the last thread i post back several months ago. ok i'm not going to make this a biggie, but you sir Jimbo, i apologize for downplaying all the 3.4 monte like you THINK i am doing. maybe it was my fault for coming out like that??? the last time when i posted i had a 3.4 monte and a stock 5.3 ss ******* me and calling me a bullsh*tter like what smus said in the thread. when i listed all the cars i beated and none of them asked what mods i have but just called BS. like what SHAWN said the more $$ you put in the car the faster it make and alot of V8 or non educated L67 people don't understand that. this is a street race anything thing can happen. alot of the V8 guys like the stock 'stang or c5/c6 think they're unbeatable just because they have a V8 well you better know how to shift cause if you don't you going to get beat up. well i'm going to stop there cause you get the idea. so to all the 3.4 monte who think i'm downplaying you i do apologize. the truth is i didn't downplay anybody, but smus cause i thought he was another 3.4 monte that's ******* me. i don't mean to sound like i have a fast car or anything like that i just happen to get LUCKY and beat a slower (stock) V8.

Last edited by nemesis; 09-15-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:11 PM

Yikes! Manpons anyone? LOL

PS- I beat a Bugatti Veyron the other day but I had to take my supercharged stickers off (adds about 1000hp) it was just too much power for me lol

Last edited by Pure2sin; 09-17-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 PM

its all good!